Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fibaro Smoke Sensor (Black Box) - Works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does HS3 support the Black Box function in Fibaro Smoke Sensor?

http://www.fibaro.com/en/system-fibaro/smoke-sensor-en

Manual
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Wow Tony, I know this isn't the reply you're looking for, but what a NICE looking smoke detector. I've noticed that the European product designs seem to be more modern.
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
      Wow Tony, I know this isn't the reply you're looking for, but what a NICE looking smoke detector. I've noticed that the European product designs seem to be more modern.
      Yes it seems extremely nice. It was very small and handy when I got it yesterday. You can connect 12/14 volts to use ZWave repeater functions. It will also report every minute temperature and how many % smoke it record, and it also has a relay output for additional alarm.

H3 find the device but I have not got to it to work on alarms etc. It's my first zwave product so I don't know much.
      --
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Is the device Z-Wave certified? If so it "should" work with HS3.
        After looking at the Z-Wave certification site it doesn't appear this device is certified. It may be they are using some proprietary code that only works with their system.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Is the device Z-Wave certified? If so it "should" work with HS3.
          After looking at the Z-Wave certification site it doesn't appear this device is certified. It may be they are using some proprietary code that only works with their system.
          OK, don't know how to check but I found this text "This Device may be used with all devices certified with Z-Wave
          certificate and should be compatible with such devices produced
          by other manufacturers."

It found's the nodes and add it but it does not report smokelevel, temperature or alarm.
          Attached Files
          --
          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Here's where you check to see if the device is certified:
            http://products.z-wavealliance.org/

You may want to put in a help desk ticket on this and Rick can check on compatibility.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
              OK, don't know how to check but I found this text "This Device may be used with all devices certified with Z-Wave
              by other manufacturers."

It found's the nodes and add it but it does not report smokelevel, temperature or alarm.
              Try Setting a poll time on the root device to see if that helps.

Greig.
              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
              X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

after a quick look at the manual also try setting the 1st and 3-rd Association Group to homeseer.

Greig.
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Thank you Greig, it works. But I don't understand what Association does to Homeseer group. Have to study z-wave somewhere.
                  --
                  Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

I got 4 of these in hs3, they work fine. U can gt the alarm statusses to work to:

Assign homeseer to group3( by use of hs2, because group3 still is not available in hs3)

Or assign homeseer to group1 and change parameter 5 to send smoke alarm message instead of basicset.

I dont think the blackbox function is accesable at this moment thru hs3

Regards

Bart
                    Regards Bart
                    ------------------------------------------
                    Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                    HSPRO 3.
                    Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

In addition i have one issue with these sensors, the battery status does not update. Anybody tips ? Or is this a bug( fibaro or hs3)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk
                      Regards Bart
                      ------------------------------------------
                      Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                      HSPRO 3.
                      Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Silly questions but how do I reset the alarm? Do I need to send regular devicevalue & string?
                        Attached Files
                        --
                        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Change parameter 5 to send smoke?

Hi Bart,
                          Reading your post #10 you write:-

"Or assign homeseer to group1 and change parameter 5 to send smoke alarm message instead of basicset."

I have managed to assign the device to homeseer grp1 it will not let me assign grp2.

What I would really like to know is what exactly are the settings for parameter 5 I have nothing in the second box. Should it be exactly "send smoke alarm message".
                          Thanks in advance.
                          Peter

Thanks Bart,

For your earlier pointer, I have now found para 5 in the documentation by default it uses 255 and needs to be set to 0 for the smoke detector.

Peter
                          Last edited by Pervez2602; April 20, 2014, 04:07 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                            by other manufacturers."

Hi, what screen is this in your screenshot? like how did you get here? I have just installed HS3 and purchased a Fibaro smoke alarm and I included it in the network using z-stick and I can see it as a device "Sigma Alarm Sensor Node 7"

Not sure what to do next? Ive only ever used HS to turn things off and on, never to get readings from them or anything like that

thanks
                            Stu

Comment

RE - how did you get here?

Hi Stueng,

This is a veiw of the device management page.
                              I am very new to z-wave stuff but here is what I know.
                              First of all you need to be on plugin version .156 this will allow the associations for the smoke detector.
                              If it is running on batteries wake up the device (button press) and rescan it, you can achieve this by clicking on the root device and going to the z-wave tab. Hopefully on rescan it will find all the child devices and you should see something similar to the above.
                              I have one of these devices but mine is permanently powered so a slightly different set up. You may also need to change 1 of the parameters as well but one step at a time is what I have found best.
                              Hope this is of help.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X