Using Z-wave to control Shades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Z-wave to control Shades

I am using last version of HS2Pro with Hometroller and I have shades connected through a ESI DBMZ - Z-Wave DC Shade/Blind Motor Controller, though I can raise or lower the shade with direct Device Control or with the use of Scenes, I can't figure out how to do a Fade wit a termination of movement. I looked at the manual for the interface and it supports a MULTILEVEL_SWITCH_STOP_LEVEL_CHANGE which supposedly would stop the motion, but I don't know how to execute this.

I figured I can us the Fade Stop signal from a UPB device to trigger the stop action.

Can you please help?

Don't quote me on this but I believe if you send dim commands to the device it should do a partial control.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The problem with a Dim commend is that you have to specify a value, and though the screen tells you you can send a relative Dim, motor controller assumes all Dims are absolute. I am trying to make a stop at a location to be chosen by the user. I assume that the routine used by HSTouch with the slider just sends another Dim to the resting point of the slider on the screen, and as I have verified that would work since the shade is slow, it would appear seamless. But this concept is hard to execute holding down a Fade button since there is no way to request the current location and then make a stop at location plus a little.

Is there a way I can script a MULTILEVEL_SWITCH_STOP_LEVEL_CHANGE call?

Comment

Working...
      X