using global cache serial ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using global cache serial ports

I have multiple global cache devices in my setup 2 GC-100-12's and a GC WIFI2Serial device but I cant figure out how I can create virtual com ports to connect to these serial ports to be able to use them. I am hoping to be able to run my AB8ss, a gentner AP800 and my z-trolle3r from these ports the Gc-100-12 have 2 serial ports and I use the frist one for Ir triggers using ULtra's plug in and the GC IRE to trigger the signals btu there is still an available port on these devices and also the WIFI to serial device. In the near future I will be adding more GC-100-12's to my setup as soon as they are back from the firm ware updates. so I wouold really like ot be able to figure out what I need to do to be able to access these serial ports and put them to use

Cheers Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

There is a link to redirector software on the store page for the Global Cache converters Here. Or you can get the software Here
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Ok I down loadeded and installed the software but I am lost on how to set this all up and need some guidance

Cheers Ken
      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Subscribing to this as I am having the same issue...

The PORT on the GC 12 when connecting via IP is 4999 for serial port 1, then 5000 for the next one.
        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I down loaded the software but don't even know where to start with setting it all up what type of connection to create or anything. I am really hoping to figure it all out because I have many GC devices that would be able to be used for serial connection I am in the process of adding 2 more GC-100-12's which will total 4 of them and the WIFI2SL that give me quiet a few serial ports in different areas that I could connect to if I could get this all up and running

Cheers Ken

Comment

Hi Ken,

Have you checked this: https://globalcache.zendesk.com/entr...ort-redirector. It's a bit sparse, but does tell you what parameters to use.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              Hi Ken,

Have you checked this: https://globalcache.zendesk.com/entr...ort-redirector. It's a bit sparse, but does tell you what parameters to use.

Cheers
              Al
              Sparkman,

Thanks that was exactly what I was looking for. I think im in my way now. Cheers Ken

Comment

reply back for others to know and also so you will have an archive to come back to in the future...
                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I have tried that and it does not work.

The ports are setup and I have the client running but when I try to send data to that port, the device does not respond. I do get the response when the device is connected directly to the real COM port.

Have you been successful?

IF so, what version of Firmware is on your GC?

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I will keep updating as I continue with the setup and we will see how it goes. I am running the latest firmware

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Dafunktyfunk;1106979.
                      IF so, what version of Firmware is on your GC?[/QUOTE]

you will need current firmware to make it work, factory charges i think $34 for update, must send unit back
                      also different drivers for 32/64 bit
                      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Oh man!!?? Really?

Grr... Ok, thanks...

Comment

I have had quite a few device upgraded lately and it appears that it is not $35 per device but $35 per order sent in. The last time I sent in 3 GC-100-12's and they only charged me $35 for the whole lot of them so it is pretty good. I will continue to update here as I progress with my setup as to how it went. right now I just have the software side setup hopefully in the next few days I will get some cabling done report back on how it went.

Cheers Ken

Comment

Yes, I have one that is on the latest firmware and 5 that are not and they said they will upgrade all of them for the same price of a one time fee of $35 and that includes return shipping.

I am still not able to send any data to the serial ports and I have tried all of the GC's so I feel it is not a firmware issue but, not sure...

Comment

here is what I was using

http://www.eterlogic.com/Products.VSPE.html
                              Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Working...
                              X