New Voice recognition software for Insteon & x10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Voice recognition software for Insteon & x10

just found this new voice recognition software called Voccommando.
    It provides very accurate VR control of both x10 & Insteon devices.

using my open air microphone system I am now getting around 98% accuracy in the commands.
    While it doesn't have a direct plugin for HS or Insteon (yet) there is a fairly simple way to get it to run events in HS or basic control of Insteon devices.

It also has many other features that some of you might like to use - ie siri like VR.

http://voxcommando.com/

Aussiemate

Please share how you are using this to control you HS appliactions I used it a while back with eventghost for XBMC and it was really good.

share your information

Cheers Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Hi Ken,

Good to heard from you again - I have put detailed instructions on the Vocommander (VC) forum on how to use it with both Insteon & x10 devices.

For x10 - it has a plugin that can send & receive x10.
      then just set up some virtual devices or events in HS that respond to x10 triggers.

for Insteon - it's a bit more complicated - you need to send the HTTP command by using a scrape feature in VC.
      you need you IP address, port number & device ID.

IMHO - VC is much better than BVC.
      it has more features and is more powerful and being developed..
      I am now using a Win7 PC for my HA and the VR engine is better than XP.
      It even responds accurately to my wife's voice as well as mine.

My current setup using 3 x beyerdynamic MPC22 ceiling mounted microphones in 2 rooms. They are connected into a Polycom Vortex conference mixer that supplies phantom powers. it has Noise cancelling, AGC of up to 10dB and auto mic gating. the output is set to line level of 0db into a behringer UCA202 connected to the PC.

Comment

Hey Ken,

I see you are using the kinect as a open air mic - I tried to get it to work with my setup but it wasn't very successful.
        it seem to always drop the volume down.
        Are there any trick to getting it to work?

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Mate View Post
          Hey Ken,

I see you are using the kinect as a open air mic - I tried to get it to work with my setup but it wasn't very successful.
          it seem to always drop the volume down.
          Are there any trick to getting it to work?
          I am running the kinects through PCCompanion for my VR right now and Tuicemen has done some huge improvements with the kinect VR it is really amazing and for right now I have been using it and sending command lines to HS to control events and devices. I am hoping in the near future getting a larger open air mic setup going I purchased a Gentner AP800 and 8 mics that I am hoping to install as soon as I get some time but there is alot of wire to pull and wall fishing to be done to get it all in place.

Hope this helps

Cheers Ken

Aussie glad to see you are still out there in the HA world
          HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
            I am running the kinects through PCCompanion for my VR right now and Tuicemen has done some huge improvements with the kinect VR it is really amazing and for right now I have been using it and sending command lines to HS to control events and devices. I am hoping in the near future getting a larger open air mic setup going I purchased a Gentner AP800 and 8 mics that I am hoping to install as soon as I get some time but there is alot of wire to pull and wall fishing to be done to get it all in place.
            There is always more to do - I have heard good things about the AP800 - what type of mics are you palnning to use?

Aussie glad to see you are still out there in the HA world
            You know what they say - You cant keep a good man down.
            I have been busy in the past year replacing most of the x10 devices with Insteon and AHP with HS. Now working on replacing BVC with VC...

Comment

Ken,

Can you give a little more details on your setup with PC Companion?
              Can you make do with the basic installation of PC Companion or do you need to purchase the full version ($40).
              How do you set it up so that it passes the VR Commands to Vox Commander?
              Is there any latency? and What's your accuracy?
              Can all this be done on Win 7?
              Lastly, would you know if this would interfere with Spud's Kinect Plugin?

Thanks
              Last edited by bernieb; March 3, 2014, 09:06 AM. Reason: added question

Comment

I use the full version. And I am running most of it from hs2 using the stipus connector plug in to trigger events in HomeSeer. PCC has the ability to send user commands. Pretty much PCC version of an event. The program also allows for some pretty cool graphics with talking facesets. To control events in hs3 I use jon00 ha connector to have PCC fire.the events.

Hope this helps a little. Cheers ken

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe that only one program can access the Kinect drivers at one time. I am not using vox commander at this time but am looking into it. Right now my accuracy is close to 100 percent

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X