Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catastrophy about to happen, Z-stick to blame? Please advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catastrophy about to happen, Z-stick to blame? Please advice!

Hi!

I have run HS2PRO (.81) + Aeon Z-stick 2 (EU) + 70 nodes (mostly Fibaro) stable for month but a few weeks ago strange things start to happen.

First of all, Z-wave receive in HS start to lag up to a minute after the remote device sends it's commands. This start to happen after HS been running for about a day. Disconnecting and reconnecting the Z-stick does not help, the only thing that works is to restart HS, I don't need to restart the computer, just HS, then everything is back to normal responsiveness.

Second problem that has happen only ones is that the Z-stick stopped responding, a reboot did not help. I had to disconnect the stick and reconnect it to get everything working again.

Now to my catastrophic problems. Yesterday when I tried to include a new device (Fibaro Universal sensor) I get this in the log:

Z-Wave Warning Did not get the version number of the Sensor Multilevel command class - the device will likely NOT operate properly.
    then

Error Exception creating Sensor Multilevel child device of Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Child 90, GET for supported sensor types failed (NOTHING)
    Rescanning the device does not help. First I thought it was a faulty unit and tried another one w/ the same result.
    Then I tried a Fibaro Wall plug and get the same type of error for the electric meter child devices.
    Next thing to try was to rescan an already included and working uni sensor and I GET THE SAME error there.

What I have done so far to debug is to install a fresh version of HS2PRO on another computer, copied the config folder and tried to include the devices (uni-sensor + wall plug) but I get the exact same behavior there.

So, is my Z-stick about to die on me? What to do?

My hole house is depending on HS to work and the 70 nodes I have today is only for the first floor, we are building floor 2 now and I guess I'll be over 150 nodes when I'm done. To not be able to backup the Z-stick is a major problem. Is there an EU-controller that you can backup?

Hope someone have some idea what to do here!

Best regards, L

I have now confirmed that it's my Z-stick that's about to die. I have tried w/ another Z-stick and it works great.
    I can add new simple devices w/ my OLD stick, like relays and dimmers but not more advanced devices. W/ the new stick I can add advanced devices, like the old one USED to be able to.

Pleas help! Can I transfer the master function to my other Z-stick some how?

//L

Comment

Working...
    X