Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Labs Z-stick S2 Hans/Freezes

Hello,

I have a Z-Stick S2 model DSA02203-ZWUS. In fact, I have two of these at two different houses. I have Vizia Z-wave Switches and Honeywell Z-wave thermostats. One house is running HS3 with the latest firmware. Another house is running HS2 with older firmware.

I purchased these about 4 years ago and 3 years ago. I notice that after a while the z-wave network slows down until it completely hangs. The more devices get polled (or I run optimization, or any z-wave activity), the sooner the hang happens. I just upgraded to Homeseer V3 and it's set to poll my 6 thermostats at 20 minutes each. The system runs for about 2 days before it locks up.

To fix it I unplug the z-stick, press the reset button, and then plug it back in. No problems until another 2 days later. Restarting homeseer and just unplugging the z-stick does nothing to fix this.

Below is an example log file from homeseer 3.

I have the Z-stick on a USB extender (tried two different ones) to keep it away from the RF noise of the computer.

I have installed the latest firmware, still the same problem.

Has anyone seen this problem? If I purchase newer hardware, will this fix the problem?

I would just buy a new z-stick to try but I'm imagining re-adding all the nodes, fixing up homeseer, and then having the same problem again.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mar-20 9:31:47 PM Z-Wave Warning ZStick: A Z-Wave command (SEND_DATA, Node=62, Cmd=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL) on interface ZStick is still waiting to be started after 0070 seconds.
    Mar-20 9:31:40 PM Z-Wave Error ZStick: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (ZStick).
    Mar-20 9:31:37 PM Z-Wave Warning ZStick: A Z-Wave command (SEND_DATA, Node=62, Cmd=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL) on interface ZStick is still waiting to be started after 0060 seconds.
    Mar-20 9:31:27 PM Z-Wave Warning ZStick: A Z-Wave command (SEND_DATA, Node=62, Cmd=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL) on interface ZStick is still waiting to be started after 0050 seconds.
    Mar-20 9:31:17 PM Z-Wave Warning ZStick: A Z-Wave command (SEND_DATA, Node=62, Cmd=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL) on interface ZStick is still waiting to be started after 0040 seconds.
    Mar-20 9:31:07 PM Z-Wave Warning ZStick: A Z-Wave command (SEND_DATA, Node=62, Cmd=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL) on interface ZStick is still waiting to be started after 0030 seconds.
    Mar-20 9:30:57 PM Z-Wave Warning ZStick: A Z-Wave command (SEND_DATA, Node=62, Cmd=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL) on interface ZStick is still waiting to be started after 0020 seconds.
    Mar-20 9:30:47 PM Z-Wave Warning ZStick: A Z-Wave command (SEND_DATA, Node=62, Cmd=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL) on interface ZStick is still waiting to be started after 0010 seconds.
Working...
X