Ecolink tilt sensor - works great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by terfruchte View Post
    Which devices can I add directly with the Z-Stick, and which should be added/deleted via the software? Or should all devices be added and deleted using the software? THANKS AGAIN!
    Generally speaking, all battery operated devices should be added via the software since they are only awake for a very shot time and the device needs to be interrogated by the software to determine its capabilities. This would include door locks and sensors and some thermostats.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

My experience with Tilt Sensor

Could not get it to work properly in HS2. When I upgraded to HS3, had no problem adding it and monitoring it.

Only issue was in triggering events. My Tilt sensors seems to randomly generate brief Open signals several times a day that would cause my events to execute.

This was easily worked around by changing trigger/conditions from change to open, or is open, to Has Been Open for 3 seconds.

This causes a small delay in the Event execution, but eliminated all false executions of the events for the past 3 weeks. 1 second cut false Opens by 50%, 2 seconds by 90%, 3 seconds by 100%

My mailbox at the end of my driveway is just too far to use it there

Comment

I recently got two of these, and as usual, adding battery powered sensors is tricky.
        So I wrote down the procedure I used in case this helps some other poor soul trying to get these to work in HS.

How to pair an Ecolink Garage Tilt Door Sensor

1. 2. Insert battery into unit, LED should go solid
        3. Wait until you see the UI report the node is detected
        a. b. The light goes out
        4. Press and hold the contact closure on the unit for 10 seconds (the light will be out)
        5. Release the contact closure (light should be solid)
        6. Wait for HS to finish getting device profile and creating the device entries
        7. 8. 9. Once firmly installed, remove the cover (light should go on and stay on)
        10. In HS, open the device details panel, go to the Zwave tab
        11. 12. Go back to unit and replace cover, insert final cover hold screw

Comment

Working...
        X