Kwikset Zwave Lock - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kwikset Zwave Lock - Fixed!

I tried posting this under an old thred and did not get any feedback. I hope a new thread works.

I have been trying to setup a new Kwikset lock (Model 910)

Homeseer Version: Professional Edition 2.5.0.79

Z-Troller Firmware: Firmware Version: 1.17

I have tried both bringing the Z-Toller to the Lock and the Lock to the Ztroller.

I backed up the zTroller and cleared it and restored, then tried to add and i keep getting a failure at setting up the Security Negotiations.

Is there something new I can try or is the a way to change the timeout to give it more time to complete the security configurations?

I am removing the last node each time before trying again. I have also tried the Kwikset (remove battery and press program button 3 times) reset of the lock.

Thanks

Bud

You will want to first upgrade to the latest version of HS2 which is on the downloads page at Homeseer.com. The version is .81

Then leave the controller connected to the PC and add it from there. If the lock is working correctly it will add to HS.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No Go

Updated HS2PRO
      Restarted HS2PRO
      Restarted the Z-Troller
      Brought Lock to the Z-Troller (2 inches)
      Added From the PC
      Still get "unable to negotiate a compatible security scheme with node xx
      Tried removing and adding again and no luck.
      Is there anything more that can be done to reset the lock or give it more time to negotiate security?

Or do I have to return the lock?

Comment

Fixed

I Finally got this installed. I got a replacement lock and had to have the lock about 5 feet from the controller. I also held the button down on the lock until it was completely finished installing. It too a few tries to get it to work but it does now. I am not sure why, but I never got it to work when it was within a few inches of the controller.

Comment

Working...
        X