• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Fibaro Z-Wave Lord of the Rings Themed Motion Sensors

Fibaro just launched these new Z-Wave motion/light/temperature sensors :

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/hardw...on-sensor.html

http://www.fibaro.com/en/the-fibaro-.../motion-sensor

OK, they're not Lord of the Rings themed, but they sure look like they're inspired by the Eye of Sauron from the movie. Not sure I would want to have something like that in my home staring at me...

Has anyone tried these with HS3? do they work?

Comment

I just got one myself but haven't had a chance to try it yet. I am away and once I get back I plan to set it up so I will let you know how it goes but I have no reason to believe it wont.

Comment

Firmware 2.6 works fine. Older ones don't work. They loose association

Comment

I have three of them and they work very well. They seem to be more sensitive and accurate then the Aeotech multi-sensors. They light up when motion is detected in a color related to detected temp. They are also half the size and have a 3 year battery. They look like big eyeballs

Comment

Im not sure about the three year life. Then at least you have to set a lot of parameters to lower the power consumption. And even then I'm not sure. With standard settings my battery lasts a year.

Comment

I used one of these with Fibaro HC2 controller, worked quite well. I recently switched to HS3 because of the unreliability of HC2 (lots of dead nodes weekly, getting worse after every update). The exact same FGMS01 did not report back to HS3 on a regular basis, and motion sensing (which used to be almost always instantly) did not work, only updated 2 or 3 times a day. I also ended up with multiple luminance sensors for no reason, got 3 sensors after some weeks with only the last one added reporting back every couple of hours (should be 20 minutes at least by default).
              I suspected the motion sensor being faulty and bought another one, now motion is reported instantly, but luminance is only reported a couple of times a day, as is temperature. No double sensor entries though. My opinion: no steady operation in combination with HS3. An Aeon labs multisensor with 5V power supply is working just fine, reporting everything instantly.
              Fibaro switch and dim modules are working fine with HS3 (especially compared to operation under HC2, lots of dead nodes every week).

Comment

I have two of them, no luck getting them to work with HS3

Comment

Older firmware versions don't work. Newer versions do work

Comment

Mine works like a charm. Well I think the motion detection range could be a little better but otherwise it works fine with my HS3 running the Z-Wave Beta plugin 3.0.0.216

Comment

For those who have been using these motion detectors, how do you like them? How do they compare with other motion detectors, like Aoetec gen 6 or Homeseer hsm200?

Comment

Originally posted by Jingoro View Post
                        For those who have been using these motion detectors, how do you like them? How do they compare with other motion detectors, like Aoetec gen 6 or Homeseer hsm200?
                        I haven't tried the Aeotec Gen 6 units yet but I do have several of the previous versions and one HSM200. I am not impressed with the HSM200 for the price and the luminance detection sucks. As for the Aeotec's I like the fact they do temp, humidity, luminance and motion and do it fairly well. I would expect the Gen 6 to be even better, especially in terms of battery life over the previous gens. The Fibaro has pro's and cons for me but may not be an issue for others. I like the small form factor and the eyeball type display is pretty neat. I like how it flashes to let me know when it detects motion, something I don't get with the Aeotec's. It appears to have good battery life but I haven't had it long enough to tell for sure. The motion detection range is not what I expected and I wish it was a little bit larger for the place I have it installed but it is likely fine for most applications. What it doesn't have that I wish it did was a humidity sensor. If it had that I would likely have bought more of them instead of the Aeotecs. Hope that helps.

Comment

I can't compare them to any other sensors as these were the first Z-Wave sensors I owned, I now have five of them and they are alright - a few little minor issues and there a lot of parameters available. Would have liked a humidity sensor included as well but I can't ask for everything, good balance between size and features as I didn't want something huge stuck in the corner of the room.

Comment

I have 9 of them and personally I love them. They are small with lots of option. Battery life appears to be good if you use the default settings. I changed my temperature update interval to every 15 seconds and the battery died after about 4 weeks. So keep this in mind.

Comment

Did you manage to get the battery status in Hs3? Mine is still on 100% but never updated after the first time included ?

W.

Comment

Working...
                              X