New Leviton VRMX1 dimmer - supports LED, CFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leviton just came out with the new VRMX1 dimmer which officially supports LED and CFL ( http://store.homeseer.com/store/Levi...itch-P581.aspx ). While I currently use the old Leviton VRI06 dimmer, I have to carefully choose the LEDs that I use on it. Not sure if one has to be as "picky" on the LEDs used with the new VRMX1 though.

Has anyone used the VRMX1 yet and what do you think of it?

I'm currently using the latest version of HS2. I purchased the HS3 upgrade during a good sale, but I haven't had the dedicated time needed to do the migration (also disappointed that HS2 is no longer being updated; it would have been nice to have a grace period especially given how much effort would be needed to migrate to HS3.

Anyway, I'm wondering if the new VRMX1 works with HS2, or will I have problems importing it into HS2?

Thanks.

Anyone?

Comment

I bought one for the same reason as what you would like it for - to work with a broader range of LED bulbs than the VRI06. I haven't installed it yet so no update on how well it works. I don't expect any issues adding it to HS2. I'll try adding it this weekend to confirm.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks. Let me know how it goes. I would think it should work with HS2 but now that HS2 is no longer officially maintained, I'm a little bit wary when new Z-Wavw devices come out.

Comment

No problems adding it to HS2. Now I need to get a few different LED bulbs to try it with

Cheers
          Al

Comment

I'd be curious to see how well they do with LEDs as well.

Do these switches do HS associations? I'd like to turn on another switch from the first (not hard wired).
            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
            BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Hi David,

Good to see you on the board. Long time no chat .

These switches support associations with HS and since they also do instant status, an event can be triggered on a status change to control other devices. I use a few of the Leviton zone controllers as well and with those you can directly control a number of devices at the same time without having HS in between.

Cheers
              Al

Comment

That's great! I have the old Leviton dimmers and use "orange" Philips LEDs which dim just fine. But I'm hoping the new VRX1's can work with even more LED models. Let me know how it goes and any specific LED models that you like.

Comment

Working...
                X