Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moonshine LCD touch interactive wall switch 1-gang - Production stopped!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moonshine LCD touch interactive wall switch 1-gang - Production stopped!

Hey guys ! This is Louis from Domobec.

We recently brought back a development project that we beleived in back a couple years ago but that might have been too much ahead of the market.
    Now that touch screen interface surrounds us and are part of everyday life, We figured it could be a good time to give it another try.

Here is a link to our kickstarter project posted yesterday :
    https://www.kickstar...ora-size-wifi-b

Visit us and participate to reserve your first bundled moonshine switch unit a production cost along with other pledges. Thx !

Glad to see your making another go at it. Still a very interesting product!
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

So, I keep seeing a lot of material that states this is Windows Mobile. However, the kick starter mentions Android?

Can you tell us which it is?
      If it is Android, do you have any specs. on it?
      Does it come Rooted? If not, can we root it?
      Does this control the load at all? Or is this like the last one, where it was just wifi to Homeseer?

Thanks!

--Dan
      Last edited by drozwood90; April 3, 2014, 09:31 AM.
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Interesting...

So this is just a mini touchscreen it looks like... RIght?

This really does nothing on it's own, it is just an interface to HomeSeer?
        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

glad this is back.

it looked like a cool idea back in the day!
          HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
          53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
          https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Bonjour Louis
            From a fellow Quebecois that used to live in Quebec City for a good number of years.

I have looked at your project and I think that it's really interesting. This could be a great solution for locations that would not have enough room for a wall mounted touchscreen and easy retrofit for some houses.

Here are my only comments:
            I would have like to see the breakpoint of purchase just a lillte lower, maybe around $90 or $95 and the ability to get a twin pack for around $180 or $200 shipped to the US.
            But the reason that I didn't jump on it at this time, is that it seems like you don't have enough offerings (in the number of units available or to be built) to satisfy your project goal of $120K

Wish you the best of luck and it's surely something that I will keep an eye on.
            It would even be fun to visit your shop if I am ever in the area.

Bernie

Comment

moonshine

Thx guys for your support ! I havnt got much time to update the kickstarter website since launch and i know the projected budget and timeframe is tight. I will be taking care of thiz next week but in the meantime, here are answers to your questions :

- unit will be android based ( ics / unlocked )
              - it will be able to run hstouch but also other android based apps from any manufacturer ( insteon / etc )
              - We are trying to get a 120v-5v transformer inside the unit so it can run directly from the replaced switches power
              - it will have wifi connectivity so permanent communication with the controller of your choice
              - No windows mobile version, the video is the original from many years ago
              - It will be able to run any android app as well like audio distribution controllers or even candy crush for the addicted fellows
              - Costs will be brought down but as the material and development is not yet fully defined, it is hard to put a definitive resale price after production has started
              - A bundled version is very interesting, we will certainly push this one to our marketing and sales people

Thx again guys ! Do not hesitate if you have more questions !

Comment

Originally posted by loowee View Post
                Thx guys for your support ! I havnt got much time to update the kickstarter website since launch and i know the projected budget and timeframe is tight. I will be taking care of thiz next week but in the meantime, here are answers to your questions :

- unit will be android based ( ics / unlocked )
                - it will be able to run hstouch but also other android based apps from any manufacturer ( insteon / etc )
                - We are trying to get a 120v-5v transformer inside the unit so it can run directly from the replaced switches power
                - it will have wifi connectivity so permanent communication with the controller of your choice
                - No windows mobile version, the video is the original from many years ago
                - It will be able to run any android app as well like audio distribution controllers or even candy crush for the addicted fellows
                - Costs will be brought down but as the material and development is not yet fully defined, it is hard to put a definitive resale price after production has started
                - A bundled version is very interesting, we will certainly push this one to our marketing and sales people

Thx again guys ! Do not hesitate if you have more questions !
                Will it include a microphone (HSTouch voice commands) and will it include an amp and speaker (HSTouch alerts, announcement, reminders)?
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

LoOwEe...

Why not make it a POE enabled device. You already need to power it from the inside of the wall. It would be a cleaner means of powering the device. Or offer both POE and or DC inputs. Maybe some sort of optional wireless module plug in thing or POE NIC module offering both to the purchaser.

Today the combination NIC/POE is tiny and would fit nicely inside of the device; maybe with a pigtail out the back of the device.

I would maybe consider participating in your Kickstarter san's a wireless connection; but that is my personal thing though....
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I like the idea of being able to replace a light swith and taking power from the existing wires. Also the WiFi feature.
                    It could be very interesting, if price point would be just a tad lower so that I can afford more than one.

Comment

Originally posted by bernieb View Post
                      I like the idea of being able to replace a light swith and taking power from the existing wires. Also the WiFi feature.
                      It could be very interesting, if price point would be just a tad lower so that I can afford more than one.
                      That is why we chose to go with the integrated transformer instead of POE.
                      POE is a nice network feature but it wont allow for an easy installation and we feel most people will be turned down at wiring rj45 cables in walls.

I will add a cheaper POE model that would not need the Wireless feature into our consideration list.

UNIT WILL INCLUDE SPEAKER, THE MICROPHONE CAPABILITY IS NOT YET CONFIRMED BUT A POSSIBILITY.

Thx guys !

Comment

Originally posted by loowee View Post
                        That is why we chose to go with the integrated transformer instead of POE.
                        POE is a nice network feature but it wont allow for an easy installation and we feel most people will be turned down at wiring rj45 cables in walls.

and the fact that you cannot mix low voltage and 110v in the same box.
                        HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                        53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                        https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Yup here my preference relating to bringing power to an inwall / onwall computer thing is lately only to utilize POE and I have removed all LV (Low voltage) cabling that went to IP cameras.

Mainly I guess cuz there are no standards today for (LV wiring carring DC voltage into the walls) but there is for POE / CatXX to walls such that most folks would prefer to run a catXX cable to a in wall device rather that two wires carrying voltage.

IE: it would be easier for me to patch or wire a catXX cable to an area by a light switch (which I have already done) than to run some 150 feet (say from the basement to the attic to the second main floor) of a pair of wires providing voltage to said device.

I could though just put a hole near the bottom of the floor and run the transformer wire there to an outlet a few feet away. (would look a bit tacky though).
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Comment

Personally here while I do have automated switches in my metal electrical boxes carrying HV; I wouldn't most likely ever never install a LV device or substitute an LV switch for an HV switch in the same box.

While its not high on the WAF I did install LV boxes / little mini cans adjacent to the HV switches which were already double wide boxes. These today have the Russound Keypads which are sort of POE powered from the Russound Zoned amps.

The Omnitouch 5.7 screens are installed above the light switches at eye level where as most of the light switches here in the midwest are more at hand level. In Florida the contractor chose to install the switches even lower which was the first time I have ever seen this. In retrospect then if there was print or tiny graphics on the device then I would want it at eye level. If it just has one button say for one command then it would work fine at hand level. Not sure if this makes any sense?

For the LCD TV in wall boxes I have used multiple boxes built in; but the HV box is separated physically from the LV boxes
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X