Smart door mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart door mat

This takes the contact door mat to a new level.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ert-mobile-dev
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

That is interesting idea - folks are going crazy with connecting everything to the internet ...

But do notice battery life - few days ... unless you make it go to sleep in which case it is up to 100 days but there is 5-6 second latency to connect to WiFi and do anything. Z-wave beats any wifi solution in terms of battery life and latency any time ... I am not sure how many battery powered WiFI IOT devices make any sense given that limitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Person View Post
      But do notice battery life - few days ... unless you make it go to sleep in which case it is up to 100 days but there is 5-6 second latency to connect to WiFi and do anything. Z-wave beats any wifi solution in terms of battery life and latency any time ... I am not sure how many battery powered WiFI IOT devices make any sense given that limitation.
      There's a hardwired option for permanent installs though.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Something like this connected to a DS10/12 would probably work for 2-3 years on a set of batteries.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
          Something like this connected to a DS10/12 would probably work for 2-3 years on a set of batteries.
          Been using these, from when Harbor Freight sold them, for years still on the same DS10 batteries to control lights at night around the inside of the house. Very high WAF.

Comment

Working...
          X