HomeSeer Adds Cloud Service to Home Automation System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Adds Cloud Service to Home Automation System

HomeSeer's new cloud solution simplifies networking, enhances security for remote or local home automation control; provides multi-system dashboard for dealers.

By Julie Jacobson, April 24, 2014

HomeSeer home automation has been around since 1999, adding remote access later on with a Web server built into its HomeTroller line of controls. As we know, automation systems that use the home’s own Web servers for remote access and control can be tricky to configure at best, and insecure at worst, which is why many providers have gone to cloud-based systems.
    HomeSeer now offers the cloud as an option for its systems, releasing in May the new myHomeSeer services that “greatly simplifies remote access” for users, the company says.

It’s not that the service adds features – say, geofencing – to HomeSeer’s existing feature set, but it does add convenience.

“The principal benefit for everyone is ease of setup, as there are no router or network settings to deal with,” says sales director Mark Colegrove. “You only need to register for an account and then log into that account for both Web access and mobile app access.”
    Unlike some other services that can hinder device-response time because cloud access is required, HomeSeer’s solution will “automatically shift from a direct local connection to a cloud connection based on the location of the user,” says Colegrove.

The service is free for a single HomeSeer controller, but for those who want to access multiple controllers – individuals with more than one home, for example, or a dealer with multiple accounts – HomeSeer charges $24 per year for up to 5 accounts.
    The benefit to dealers, according to Colegrove, is that they can enjoy a single dashboard for all of their customers.
    “Multi-system and multi-user management is now enabled from one account,” he says. “This was not available before. This feature alone makes it much easier for dealers/partners to manage multiple systems.”
    The service is expected to be available on May 1.
    http://www.cepro.com/article/homesee...m_medium=email
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Thanks Pete... hadn't seen it yet. Julie's been pretty good to us over the years.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I dont get how this is different?

Is this a HomeTroller in the cloud? I read what you posted Mark but it does not tell me why I need it or want. Can you elaborate?
      Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post

Is this a HomeTroller in the cloud? I read what you posted Mark but it does not tell me why I need it or want. Can you elaborate?
        Try it and it will be self explanatory. This post has a bit more information as well.
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=167137

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post

Before myHomeSeer Remote, it was necessary for users to enable port forwarding and dynamic DNS service to access their systems remotely.

The newest beta versions of HS3 automatically establish a connection "tunnel" with a central server when they start up. Users then connect to their systems using this tunnel. This eliminates the need for port forwarding and DDNS service.

Comment

Is this specific for Hometroller or will is also work with HSPro?

Comment

Works on HSPro, I have been giving it a go and it is quite good
              HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Working...
              X