Ds10a, do they report battery status ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    Ashairey, are u using RFXCOM in HS3? Or is this in HS2?
    I am using HS2
    - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HSPro 3.5.0
    PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | RFXCOM | BLRadar | BLBackup

Comment

RFXCom and HS3

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
      I am using HS2
      Hi Hector,
      You can do the same with HS3 as HS2.
      Just reset it as AshaiRey states.

Peter

Comment

There is no check on communication failures for a battery sensor.
        If you have an orphan battery sensor with low battery state it will never change this state.
        Hector, I propose to delete the sensor, click Clear Heard on the RFXCOM Security config page and check after 2 Hrs if you can add a battery sensor. Add the battery sensor and after 2Hrs you see the correct battery status as reported by the sensor.

To hide battery sensors with an OK status:
        - Select "Hide battery sensors dynamically" on the RFXCOM general Config page,
        - Select "Marked Devices Hidden" on the HS3 home page.

The battery sensor with an OK status should normally have "Hide device from views" selected.
        This parameter is set/reset on a battery sensor state change.
        You can also set this parameter manually on the Device Configuration tab.

You can also enter the date the battery has been replaced on the RFXCOM config tab for the battery sensor. If you enter an expected battery life you will receive a warning message at mid-night in the Security Message panel some days before the end date.
        If you have enabled warning messages in the NMA configuration you will also receive an NMA message on your Android phone.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
          There is no check on communication failures for a battery sensor.
          If you have an orphan battery sensor with low battery state it will never change this state.
          Hector, I propose to delete the sensor, click Clear Heard on the RFXCOM Security config page and check after 2 Hrs if you can add a battery sensor. Add the battery sensor and after 2Hrs you see the correct battery status as reported by the sensor.

To hide battery sensors with an OK status:
          - Select "Hide battery sensors dynamically" on the RFXCOM general Config page,
          - Select "Marked Devices Hidden" on the HS3 home page.

The battery sensor with an OK status should normally have "Hide device from views" selected.
          This parameter is set/reset on a battery sensor state change.
          You can also set this parameter manually on the Device Configuration tab.

You can also enter the date the battery has been replaced on the RFXCOM config tab for the battery sensor. If you enter an expected battery life you will receive a warning message at mid-night in the Security Message panel some days before the end date.
          If you have enabled warning messages in the NMA configuration you will also receive an NMA message on your Android phone.
          Ok let me recap, if the battery is dynamically hidden, at the moment of a failure will the battery show up in the device page?
          Hector
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

A failure does not change anything!

A change from battery OK to battery low will deselect the "Hide device from views" parameter in the battery device and this device will become visible on the Home page.

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
              A failure does not change anything!

A change from battery OK to battery low will deselect the "Hide device from views" parameter in the battery device and this device will become visible on the Home page.
              When does the plugin reset the battery status , when it receives message from device?
              Hector
              MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                Sparkman, what did you do to restore or return to normal status those two that reported low battery? I am using RFXCOM and I have one that the low battery doent go away, even if I change battery's . I had my dougths about the ds10a reporting battery status, that why I posted the question.
                Hey Hector,

I ran into this same issue with a couple of my DS10's. Had to reset them by holding down the button on them for a few seconds and they started working again properly.

Cheers
                Al
                HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                X