Control of X10 device via script command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control of X10 device via script command

What is the general procedure to control a device that has been associated with the HS3 X10 plugin via a script command (or script)?

For a test I created an appliance module device P1 as an X10 device and observed that its ref property is 161 and its VSP are 0/100 for Off/On.

I used the command &hs.SetDeviceValueByRef 161,100,true and no response at the appliance module that was in the off state.

I can use the On and Off buttons on the Device Management page to cause the appliance module P1 to toggle.

I looked at the X10 plugin help file and it only provided guidance on how to control X10 devices as Actions on events, but not via a scripting method.

See this page for a CAPI example that Rick posted and a lot of information of why HS uses CAPI.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=167405&page=2
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The simplest of scripts would be to have 2 events (for on and off) to control the associated device. Have the script run the right manual event.

Much simpler than using CAPI. Not the most efficient for the cpu, but certainly more efficient than being forced to use CAPI when a simple hs.transmit devicename "ON" would be wonderful for devices that support simple on/off.
      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Rupp,

Shouldn't a plugin for a device with value pairs for ON/OFF detect the value change for that device to ON or OFF and perform the appropriate action?

If not, what is the purpose of the value pairs?

tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
          Shouldn't a plugin for a device with value pairs for ON/OFF detect the value change for that device to ON or OFF and perform the appropriate action?
          That would eliminate the need for CAPI, so my guess is "no".

As Rick explained in the "other thread", this would lead to a loop becEause the valuechange would lead to a CAPI change (as this is the only way to control the device) which again sets the value again. And so on.

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
          If not, what is the purpose of the value pairs?
          To make it much, much more easier to set a nice looking devicestring and at the same time handle CAPI?
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
          X