sound card for speak.exe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sound card for speak.exe

Does my server that is running HS2 need a sound card for the speak clients for work?
    Not sure is HS2 stop the speaker.exe function if no sound card is detected.

I do not have a sound card in my server and I installed the speaker client on my laptop, however, I do not get any audio (speaking) on my laptop.

I do get the popup with the text, just no voice.

Tried it on my home PC as well. Same scenario as laptop, just text no voice or audio.

Note...I have configured firewall and port forwarding on my router as well.

The speaker dot exe client gets its TTS stuff from Homeseer. That said it should work. I do that with one remote touchscreen. Are you seeing the speaker dot exe client connecting to Homeseer. You have to enter a user name, password and IP for it to connect.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yes the client is connecting to the HS2 server. I am puzzled as to why this is not working.

Comment

When you tell HS to talk do you see anything in the speaker logs on the speaker dot exe?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Pete; May 16, 2014, 07:04 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Sorry folks, egg on my face with this one. I did not have the event setup properly. I have it working now.
          I started using HS2 for irrigation control and now I am branching out using HS for other task.
          Pete, thanks for the help and screen shots.

Comment

Working...
          X