Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aeonlabs multisensor and hs3 crisis STINK BUG ALERT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeonlabs multisensor and hs3 crisis STINK BUG ALERT!

Hi! Im wondering if anybody has a functioning usb POWERED Aeonlabs multisensor that actually works. It appears that when it is usb powered, it no longer updates. And seems to go to sleep and I can't access the programmable parameters unless I do a rescan, then I get phantom nodes and I can adjust parameters except the 'wakeup' time per group 1,2,3 like we used to be able to adjust in hs2. Now there is on master wake up and its stuck on zero. I can change it but it gives me the middle finger and never changes.

Now motion detection stopped working and the results are quite erratic. The red LED on the aeonlabs is constant on now that it is plugged in and works..

I also tried setting polling times, but that doesn't get any new info either.
    Since the Aeonlabs is plugged into power, I believe it should now be a listening device? But hs3 keeps saying it is NOT a listening device. Anybody have one of these things working thats ac powered? If you say u do in hs3 then I may have to put throw my computer out the window.

Update!

Ok I got the wakeup setting to work at 12 mins.. I was trying 6 before and thats the one that kept reseting to zero, but now I decided to try 12 to see if it would work and it has stuck.

So now we will se if it actually updates at 12 min intervals.........

Comment

UHOH! Its been about 20 mins now, and still no updates, maybe I need to RESCAN again to see what might to might not happen.....

Comment

ON NO!

So I deleted this @#$#%!$%@#T node and reinstalled it, still no updates for anything, so I tried a RESCAN and still no updates, but I got something else totally screwy going on!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-05-18 at 3.58.23 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1173874

Comment

OK I think I'm ready to go do something else for a while. Ive tried pressing the stupid black button during a RESCAN, and nothing, and I tried to RESCAN everything through the z-troller while I was pressing the black button and nothing again.

Now its getting worse.. At least I used to be able to occasionally get an information update when I would do a RESCAN, but I can't get that anymore either.

Comment

UPDATE!

Well I was just ready to walk out but I tried a polling of all devices first and WHAT! The Aeonlabs is getting polled?!? This never happened before, so if there is some consistency here, then I should be able to set the polling times for each node and get the information now. Before that did NOT work.. I will fool with this for a bit and update.

Comment

Another weird update!

So I set all polling for this device to be of 2 mins for each.. Poll temp every 2 mins, poll hum every 2 mins etc..

At this point it appears that I have motion detection operational, and the temp are successfully updating. But the others are not, so I thought I would look into the log.. The log correctly records the 2 min intervals for temp checks.

But! I see nothing for any of the others, not even a polling or anything yet they are all set the same at 2 mins.

I think now I will adjust the motion detection setting down to 5 seconds so I can aim it. But I am a little paranoid to do anything, but thats too bad. here goes!

Comment

ok all is still working, I was able to aim the motion detector, and everything is still working, except the updating interval times of the hum and luminance. So I set them all to 30 min intervals.. I did get another update for hum, but not at the interval I set, I guess it has its own interval and gives me the middle finger. I will update tomorrow.

If things go the way they have been, all of a sudden this whole thing will stop working tomorrow, but I hope not. This time it seems different, like it was necessary for me to delete it and re add it while it was plugged in.

We will see. So far if all stays as is I will consider it functioning good enough for me, motion is my big deal, temp second, hum third.

Comment

Finished!

Welp, everything is still working! So here is what I think. I think that you can NOT change from batteries to usb power without deleting and re-adding because it seems to change into a 'listening' device as it should when usb powered.

I don't think I would bother using batteries for this sensor based on my own personal ridiculous experience.

Now I'm getting updates for temp and hum at roughly 30 min intervals but not luminance, but I don't care about it enough to waist anymore time. I can see out the window what the luminance is.

That all being said, it now appears to be a nicely functioning multisensor ONLY when plugged into usb. Otherwise get ready to get slapped around and drug through the mud then the sewer and slapped around some more day after day!

Comment

I could be wrong, and after certain updates, I'm sure that this post will fade into history as irrelevant. It just didn't happen in time for me... Who knows, maybe my aeonlabs sensor has its own special bad attitude.

Comment

Working...
                    X