No announcement yet.

Help w/ Water valve actuator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here some brain food, how about using a inline water sprinkler valve to the main? It's switches to 24v ac and it can be activated by the rain8 controller ?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Mountainman View Post
      If you are considering something other than Z-Wave, I interfaced a brass, 24VAC RainBird anti-siphon valve directly to a Rain8Net years ago. It's still working fine. The part number is EA-75-ASVUL. I don't see it on the RainBird website anymore and it was made by Lawnlife, but they do have this 1" valve:

http://store.rainbird.com/product/de...x#.U44paTJOUeM

The valve I have consumes 167 mA which made it a direct interface. If you use the one in the link, be sure it won't draw too much current.
      Opposes, I did not see your post. Does that anti siphon need to have constante current to have water flow?
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
        Opposes, I did not see your post. Does that anti siphon need to have constante current to have water flow?
        Yes it would require constant power.
        HSPro: 3.0.0.194
        PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
        HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountainman View Post
          If you are considering something other than Z-Wave, I interfaced a brass, 24VAC RainBird anti-siphon valve directly to a Rain8Net years ago. It's still working fine. The part number is EA-75-ASVUL. I don't see it on the RainBird website anymore and it was made by Lawnlife, but they do have this 1" valve:

http://store.rainbird.com/product/de...x#.U44paTJOUeM

The valve I have consumes 167 mA which made it a direct interface. If you use the one in the link, be sure it won't draw too much current.
          Do you add an additional manual ball valve beside (plumbed parallel) your anti-siphon valve for manual control during power outages?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
          PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
          HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by Olbrit View Post
            Good idea. Do you have recommendations for one that you or others have used successfully and interfaced with HS?
            Also, practically, if the water valve is turned off and nothing is consuming the water in the house pipes, wouldn't the water pressure remain high for a while even with the water supply off? Thanks.
            This is a good idea. But I think by the time u add the cost of the pressure switch and additional valve to dump the water pressure, you could have just bought the B5 wired water valve which will report its position.

IF you want to go with the pressure switch, you would be looking for a Automotive Style Normally Open pressure switch with a psi switching around 20psi. It should have 2 male spaids for electrical connections and come in 1/4 NPT.

If you want I could expand further on wiring setup or google one that you could use, but I don't think its a cost effective solution.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Charlie and others for the ideas. After research I think I'll stay with what I have for the time being, I have spent quite enough $$$ already! I want to get some hours on the water valve to ensure that holds up ok, as that's really the big variable in my installation.
              All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
                Do you add an additional manual ball valve beside (plumbed parallel) your anti-siphon valve for manual control during power outages?
                No, but I'm not using it for control of my main water line. That's a good point. I wouldn't be comfortable leaving the relay energized 24/7 drawing power all the time - seems like a waste of energy.

If the Smarthome product mentioned at the beginning of the thread only requires power when the valve is opened or closed, that seems like a superior solution. The dry contact could be interfaced to Z-Wave, Insteon, or something else.

Comment

For what it's worth, we're considering adding some solenoid actuated water valves to our store. I'll update this thread when I have news.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                  X