Annoyances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmn View Post
    I got nuthin' else. I sure thought we'd hear more from others though.
    with the exception of the cooper scene controllers, mine all works !!
    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
      with the exception of the cooper scene controllers, mine all works !!

Ughh, you mean the Cooper multi button zwave wall controllers are not fully working? Another reason I can't migrate yet then. We have 4 of those.

Comment

We do need HS3 to get ironed out perfectly quickly... You know, so we can lock our homes on it before the industry changes so much that you are forced to run the software from the big companies, and it uploads statistics every time you use the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
          Ughh, you mean the Cooper multi button zwave wall controllers are not fully working? Another reason I can't migrate yet then. We have 4 of those.
          when I had them alone on my laptop they worked, when I integrated into the main computer, not so... May be operator error, but don't think so....
          with everything else working, they are on the back burner
          Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Annoyance... seeing an update yet having no idea what has been fixed or new functionality introduced.

Would love to see a hyperlink from the update version number on the manage plugin screen through to the release notes/forum post.

What I like... HSTouch getting some love and attention. Bugs being worked through and stability (for me) has vastly improved

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmerNZ View Post
              Annoyance... seeing an update yet having no idea what has been fixed or new functionality introduced.

Would love to see a hyperlink from the update version number on the manage plugin screen through to the release notes/forum post.
              +1! And/or a hyperlink to a a bugzilla query that lists the bugs fixed in the build.

Blade always has a revision history in each of his plugins in the About section, but you have to download and install the latest revision to see what the latest revision is!
              Regards,
              Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Originally posted by BrunDog View Post
                I'll pile on... but I will keep it to one topic: The events screen is unusable. You have to click constantly to get anywhere, and then it is confusing where you are because everything looks the same with down arrows, etc. Whereas in HS2 there was a nice grid, where you saw the Name, Trigger, Event, and Action, all nicely filling the screen with all the information at once, you now get an empty whitespace screen and need to click and unfold and click and read and search and click some more. Not only that, you have to click and unfold and click and unfold to manually run or disable an event or check when it was last run, whereas in HS2 it was right there. Booooh!! Especially on a mobile phone! Booh I say! Could we get a grid or matrix format back, with all buttons easily accessible please?!?-BD
                Having spent some considerable time creating events in HS3 to match what I had in HS2 I have to agree with everything BrunDog says. There is so much clicking of arrows. And when you want to check the events you have created you can't see anything without clicking and clicking. If you need to change a device, for some reason, and want to go through your events to change any references to it then you have to open each event in turn to look for it. In HS2 you could see all the actions without having to open each event.
                The event engine may be improved, and I have managed to rationalize many of my events in the change from HS2 to HS3, but I hate the interface.
                Steve

Comment

Annoyances

I thinks it's annoying to scroll past 3 pages of Stickies about "new features" and "sneak previews", when the basics don't work, literally every time I try to read the forum to see if anything has actually been fixed. Every time. For months. Every time.
                  Last edited by centerisland; June 8, 2014, 10:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by centerisland View Post
                    I thinks it's annoying to scroll past 3 pages of Stickies about "new features" and "sneak previews", when the basics don't work, literally every time I try to read the forum to see if anything has actually been fixed. Every time. For months. Every time.
                    What basics don't work for you? There's been lots of bug fixes over the last few months. I completed most of my migration to HS3 from HS2 over the last few weeks and so far HS3 is been running for a couple of weeks with no issues.

Cheers
                    Al
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Annoyances

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                      What basics don't work for you? There's been lots of bug fixes over the last few months.
                      Z-wave, memory leaks, and HSTouch. Actually, I haven't tried Z-wave in a few months (I went back to HS2 - the WAF factor of something that doesn't work 100% is zero) - but I gather that there is a beta version that works / doesn't work for some people. I just drop in here looking for folks saying HS3 is finally ready for prime time - haven't really gotten that impression yet.
                      Last edited by centerisland; June 8, 2014, 11:02 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by centerisland View Post
                        Z-wave, memory leaks, and HSTouch. Actually, I haven't tried Z-wave in a few months (I went back to HS2 - the WAF factor of something that doesn't work 100% is zero) - but I gather that there is a beta version that works / doesn't work for some people. I just drop in here looking for folks saying HS3 is finally ready for prime time - haven't really gotten that impression yet.
                        By the nature of the message board, you get way more postings by people having issues. Those that are working with no or minor issues tend to be pretty silent. . I'm using z-wave plugin 3.0.0.156 and it's been rock solid with the devices that I have. I'm actually using HS3 for much more than what I was using HS2 for. I was having stability issues under HS2 when running a lot of the plugins that I wanted to use, so I scaled it back to a pretty bare-bones install. It (2.5.0.81) was very reliable for me, but I see HS3 now as reliable with more functionality. I have only played with HS-Touch a little bit and don't plan on doing anything with it until next winter.

Cheers
                        Al

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
                          Having spent some considerable time creating events in HS3 to match what I had in HS2 I have to agree with everything BrunDog says. There is so much clicking of arrows. And when you want to check the events you have created you can't see anything without clicking and clicking. If you need to change a device, for some reason, and want to go through your events to change any references to it then you have to open each event in turn to look for it. In HS2 you could see all the actions without having to open each event.
                          The event engine may be improved, and I have managed to rationalize many of my events in the change from HS2 to HS3, but I hate the interface.
                          Steve
                          I tend to agree as well. To see disabled events in HS2, it was pretty easy. Now it takes many arrow clicks to see them. I do like certain aspects of the new interface, but having a simple list screen, would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmerNZ View Post
                            +1. There have been a few new betas releases recently (z-wave and HS Touch come to mind) with nothing posted by HST on what those betas are intended to address.

Comment

HS3 as a service

It really needs to be running as a service, not a user mode auto start application. That would help a great deal. I remain very cautious about the security mode settings of this software with what I perceive to be a basic design flaw.

Comment

Mine works fine

Ok, first off, mine works.

I migrated from an old HC system to HS3 back in February, using Insteon and slowly added plug-ins and functionality. I've got to say that for such a versatile "Swiss Army Knife" application with so many 3rd party plug-ins, the up-time and general performance has been excellent. I have, on the other hand postponed Z-Wave for now; I have the impression that there are more problems on that end and possibly with HSTouch (which I'm using in its default form).

I agree that the "Events" screen is difficult to navigate; you really have to title your sections well to remember where you put stuff. My most important (and probably only) beef with HS3 is that you cannot document (i.e. print out) your events adequately. I tried screen captures but that's not dynamic.

As for communications, well at least there's a forum with HomeSeer participation which is a lot more than I can say for most other tech co's (and those who do have forums often rely on non-company "expert" volunteers). The fact there was a forum was a MAJOR selling point in my decision to adopt HS3.
                                Regards,
                                Chris
                                HS4 Pro 4.2.18.3 Shuttle DL10J - Celeron - 8g Ram - 250g SSD / Win 10 Pro 64 / Insteon / Z-Wave & SmartStick+ / DSC 1832 - PC5108 - IT100 / 542 devises & 164 events
                                Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.58 / APCUPSD 3.3.2.3 / BLDSC 2.0.68.0 / BLMarantz 2.0.6.0 / BLShutdown 1.0.4.0 / Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206 / Device History 3.1.3.0 / HSBuddy 3.30.1003.1 / Insteon 3.0.7.2 / weatherXML 3.0.11.13 / Z-Wave 3.0.10.0 / Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0

Comment

Working...
                                X