No announcement yet.

Annoyances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've spent christmas trying to make a start "migrating" to HS3 - i'll echo the comments about the events screen, I really dislike having to press the down arrows to expand the events.

I'm getting other odd problems too - which i'm currently searching the board to see if anyone else has experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by ecuboss View Post
      I've spent christmas trying to make a start "migrating" to HS3 - i'll echo the comments about the events screen, I really dislike having to press the down arrows to expand the events.

I'm getting other odd problems too - which i'm currently searching the board to see if anyone else has experienced.
      If you press the down arrow near the top where it says "Events", all the events for that group will expand.

What I would like to see is a check box in front of each event so I can apply an action to multiple events at once.
      For example, from time to time I'll have events within a group that I want to send to a new group. Moving them one at a time take a long time.

- Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RJS View Post
        If you press the down arrow near the top where it says "Events", all the events for that group will expand.
        - Robert
        Yeah seen that option, list gets too long even when using groups to keep them manageble.

Comment

Yeah seen that option, list gets too long even when using groups to keep them manageble.
          Yeah, I agree with that. If they had check boxes in front then we could move the desired events to another, temporary, group then after editing them, move them back.
          I'd like to be able to copy lines within an event and paste them into another event at the position withing the event I want.

- Robert

Comment

For the old timers there was HS1 that used Windows Forms. Everything is immediate response and easy to move from one view to the next. The web view was still available for remote, but even it was not that painful. HS3 with jQuery gets back some of the immediate feedback on status, but it comes with a big downside on other aspects of being user friendly. I am still a HS1 user. I recognize the need to move away from the Windows-specific forms, but it does not mean that I need to give up what I have. For most, all the clicks should be setup-only, but it is something that I would prefer to not have to deal.

Comment

I put an enhancement request in bugzilla 2505 suggesting the addition of nested subgroups to better organize events. If you think this will help, add your comments.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

My biggest gripe is the lack of a global search function like existed in HS2.
                Mike

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  I put an enhancement request in bugzilla 2505 suggesting the addition of nested subgroups to better organize events. If you think this will help, add your comments.

Thanks for the bug link. I added my 2 cents.

- Robert

Comment

Working...
                  X