Steelseries Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steelseries Gauges

I thought I would share my Steelseries gauges. Feedback? Any interest?

Joe
    Attached Files
    Last edited by X10joe; June 12, 2014, 06:51 AM.

very nice they look really cool,

Thanks for sharing, How are you using them. I would be interested with a little idea on how you are setting them up

Cheers Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

+1

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

How I did this...

After figuring out what syntax the Steelseries gauges required I was able to get a lot done.

The key for me was this:

humid = hs.devicestring ("w98")

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
        Set file = fso.OpenTextFile("c:\TempSensors\humidout.txt", 2,True)
        file.WriteLine (humid)
        file.Close

I have many different types of data, temperatures numbers written to .txt files. I was already doing this for other uses. VBScript and Javascript don't share variables in the same page of code. So I had to write the variable from the VBScript to here: <textarea id=humid1 name=humid1 rows="1" cols="20"><%= humid1 %></textarea></p>

Then the gauges could use the common variable outside of the VBScript.

I am not a coder, just a code hacker that is learning more every day.

More interest? If so I will explain more.

Comment

Keep it going I could see alot of uses for these in my hstouch projects If I ever get them finished LOL
          HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Take a look at these pages next:
            http://harmoniccode.blogspot.de/2010...t-library.html

http://www.desert-home.com/p/detail-usage-chart.html

Comment

I also have this on my iPhone. Have the Current Cost gadgets.
              Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Joe!

I currently utilized whatever came with Cumulus for my Homeseer Touchscreens and it could use an update. I use them a lot today for weather watching.

Do these guages reside on HS, HSTouch or another box?

I currently build a page on a remote web server for weather here, utilize another say for PHP and Apache, so forth and so on. For a while I was putting in a bunch of scripting on the HSTouch devices and have tried a bit to lighten them up.

I mix the variables a bit having the weather stations / software generate the variables via CSV files then input them into Homeseer.

Geez now thinking about it; it would be nice to see a set of virtual guages on the car pc as I do watch the engine a bit today with the software running on it.

Just read the stuff about the house clock on the web page you mentioned above.

I have switched here from using NTP on the internet to an internal NTP clock. That said though drawing graphs relating to the differences between the internet NTP time and the internal time using RRD which actually could be put into a guage. (never did depend on the internet for time though)

So do you have the guages residing on homeseer for display on HSTouch?

The attached is just what was included with Cumulus and being displayed with HSTouch.

Lately too have been watching lightning rates; a guage would be nice as I measure a daily total plus strikes per hours which is a bit fun to watch.

Today just graphing the lightning rate. Its only two variables except the rate can go from double digits to thousands in a matter of a few seconds...can the guage be sort of dynamic?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Pete; June 12, 2014, 04:33 AM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete.

The gauges are created on the fly when the asp page is loaded. The vbscript runs on page load and saves the results to variables. There are 3 .js files in the HS2 html folder along with the asp page. The gauges are updated from those variables. I am amazed at how fast all of this happens when the page loads.

I am not sure about making a gauge dynamic. Considering its just coding and each gauge can have different parameters Im sure some If Then logic will work.

I don't use HStouch. I have created all my own asp pages. Here is an example of a remote control page. Use hidden iFrame so there is no page reload on button press.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by X10joe; June 12, 2014, 06:58 AM.

Comment

I made some changes to the gauge dials. Lots of options.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Joe.

I am not sure about making a gauge dynamic.
                      The bottom two guages that I posted above are flash widgets; they are fast.

Its been many years now using mcsSprinklers; one of my wants back then though was a fast analog clock that Michael did incorporate into the touch screen interface over 10 years ago.

I am into that whole time thing relative to speeds of a display.....

"In the flash of an eye" thing I suppose......"how fast is fast?"....

..well lately comparing how fast a "cloud" based automation display is over a local automation display....(note I am not into using the cloud for automation...just looking).
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete I am really interested in exploring the web interface vs hstouch with homeseer to make something really good looking for my android tablets past what hstouch can offer. I love the idea of incorporating flash. Got any pointers or direction on how two get started. I am to the point of understanding where homeseer keeps HTML files and how to get to them over the network.

Comment

It is only working "so so" these days....while playing with the Maestro flash based touch screen stuff with now Linux...when playing with Android and HSTouch I had some issues with flash but got it working. Initially one issue was the modded Android build deliberate exclusion of flash which bugged me a bit (actually did turn me off to using HSTouch on an Android OS for a time)...its just putting the flash widget in your HSTouch page...easy peasy stuff...unless you are customizing and building widgets which you can do....it is fast but most folks are not wanting to use flash these days...sort of abandoning the use of flash....

Funny too that I used a HSTouchscreen clock to guage my connection to the HS mothership....putting one flash clock next to a HSTouch generated clock...no real comparision there though....

Here is some automation stuff based on simple this and that...looks abandoned today...probably cuz it used xAP?

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbull...p?29-xAP-Flash

What's wrong with Flash (from 2012)...its really just an opinion.....anyways....

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WhatsWrongWithFlash

is not the same as today ....

here too have shifted a bit for the Arm based CPU "do all" back to an Intel / AMD based CPU "do all"...that is me and my personal thing cuz I am also trying to modify an Arm based micro router such that it does just a bit more than being a micro router....and today my sprinkler automation is on an Arm based little thing smaller than a pogo plug....and has been running fine for the last 3 years (?)...well historically I did like the Motorola 68XXX more than the first generation of Intel '86 CPUs (but that was me....)
                          Last edited by Pete; June 12, 2014, 08:10 AM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            Very nice Joe!

Geez now thinking about it; it would be nice to see a set of virtual guages on the car pc as I do watch the engine a bit today with the software running on it.

Hey Pete, here's a logging/display package that might be of interest for your car: http://www.devtechnics.com/winlog.htm
                            Best regards,
                            -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                            Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Thanks Mark!

Interesting in that just a couple of weeks ago spending the day with an old friend; she told me that her husband installed nitrous (NOS) (well an on and off switch) in her already 400 HP plus truck because he loved her......that is an interesting WAF thing....
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X