Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Fire Alarm regulations and what to use

Hallo
    I need to install a fire alarm in refurbished house and it have to be L1 fire alarm. This means it have to be
    in every room or space of the house,
    it has to be AC or DC powered
    battery backed up
    once one sensor triggered all needs to go off.
    My question is what sensors to use to have this functionality and still have it connected to HS to have info what happened and it which room it started?
    Should I use a separate fire alarm panel and than connect it to HS or just some z-wave sensors connected directly to HS?

If it is a requirement (is it building regs or an insurance requirement) I think I would personally get a separate stand alone system installed by a company and then get this system to talk to HS. There are too many potential issues to a system running just from HS for me to be satisfied that an insurance company would pay out (and I would get the warning to get out) in the event of fire, stand alone systems have battery back up, cables rated for correct temperatures, sensors made to the correct standard etc all of which are likely to satisfy an insurance company a bit more than stuff hanging off of a HS system which could suddenly die from memory errors, PSU failure, other plugins taking down HS, HDD failure, ZWave interface failure or any other number of possible failures with a HS system. The licencing agreement for HS warns against use in life critical applications.

If you want monitoring then look for a panel with a serial output and a published protocol or look at the relay outputs (quite a few of them have relay/opto outputs for wiring up additional warning equipment) and just connect them to a powerflash or similar device for talking to HS.

Comment

My approach has always been to use a separate system. I have settled for DSC (I am an installer of this). I install fire/CO protection as part of the security system. DSC has an interface to HS2/HS3 and thus gives me the integration I need.
      Nicolai L

Comment

Thank you for the answers.
        Nicolai could you advise me some models to install for fire alarm and security alarm that you are using and they talk to hs?
        Will I be able to use the PIRs as motion sensors for HS?

Comment

Working...
        X