Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global Cache vs SQ Blaster (IP to IR soloution)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Cache vs SQ Blaster (IP to IR soloution)

I've gone as far to ask Jeeves but can't find a good comparison between SQ Blaster and Global Cache's (IP2IR) soloutions. I am running HS3 Pro, have three areas in the house that have a cluster of A/V equipment and want to control all of them via one interface whether it be HS Touch or other URC. Two of the A/V areas have ethernet and one needs wifi. I am hoping those with experience can chime in with their thoughts. At least from my layman view these are the main categories of comparison:

- Form factor and connectivity. I think SQ Blaster only has wifi while GC can be hard wired. I typically am partial to hard wiring if available. The GC seems quite a bit smaller. Not sure about plug-in issues with HS but believe each has one.

-Configuration. I believe both have databases but don't know about other configuration features or issues with each. Don't you program each directly via their internal server? SQ Blaster has an USB setup wizard. Then how about programming commands. I can't imagine programming an HS event to watch a DVD in the Family room. It would take forever!!!

-IR addressability. SQ Blaster has 5 channels while GC has three. I believe you can double up at least GC's but might cause problems since signal would be send to each of the split emitters.

-Interface templates. I am Android. Would be great to have template options rather than do everything from scratch. Believe SQ Blaster has awesome IOS controller template while Android not available. Believe 3rd party app providers for Android would be applicable here.

-Scalability. I have three locations that need an IP to IR device. Do any of these soloutions operate better with multiple IR devices.

Surely I am missing other features but hopefully they will be brought up in this thread.

My recent experience with the Global Cache is that the company support is truly excellent, every time I contact them for IR codes they send them. The bad thing is that you will need to do that, their public code database is not conducive and outdated. The IR Learning is flawed due to the engineering of the device.

Comment

Working...
    X