Z-Wave Stopped Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Stopped Working

My Z-Wave network has stopped working in HS3. I get the following error messages:

**FATAL**: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Z-Wave - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces.

Initializing plug-in(1): Z-Wave Instance::General error setting up environment in InitIO: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ZWave.ZWDatabase.GetDBVersion(Boolean& InvalidDatabase) at HSPI_ZWave.Database_Utils.LoadConfig(String filename) at HSPI_ZWave.HSPI.InitIO(String port)
    Z-Wave Error Database failed to open. File: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Z-Wave\Z-Wave.db, Exception=attempt to write a readonly databaseattempt to write a readonly database
    Z-Wave Error Database failed to open. File: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Z-Wave\Z-Wave.db, Exception=attempt to write a readonly databaseattempt to write a readonly database

When I look at "properties" for the config and data folders, I see that all files are read-only. I tried to change these but they revert back to read-only. I do not know how to fix these issues. Can anyone give me a clue?

It appears your Z-Wave interface may have died. Which interface are you using?
    Also does the Z-Wave.db file exist in the listed path? If so try backing it up and deleting the original as the file is recreate when HS is restarted.
    Last edited by Rupp; July 14, 2014, 08:43 AM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

That error is from the z-wave plugin, not the z-wave interface. That message is related to the plugin interface to HS.

Disable the plugin, shutdown HS, then remove the ZWave.db
      Restart HS, then re-enable the plugin.
      It will re-create the ZWave.db on plugin startup.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response and solution. It's working great now.

Comment

Working...
        X