No announcement yet.

Environment Canada Weather plugin - HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry, I don't have much programming knowledge and I'm having trouble understanding you.
    Is their anything I can/should try, to investigate this further?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by melkin View Post
      I'm sorry, I don't have much programming knowledge and I'm having trouble understanding you.
      Is their anything I can/should try, to investigate this further?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
      Mark
      I'm not the developer of the plugin. We'll have to wait to see what he says.

Comment

oh, I see, thanks!
        So your'e missing the data for those fields too!

Comment

Those are the exact fields that are missing data in my Manitoba feed.

Comment

Hi again,

I just wanted to add that I was using Safari on my Mac and could not view the raw XML data but I discovered that Chrome will let me view the data.

There does not appear to be anything wrong with the plug-in's parsing of the data - I can confirm that the forecast fields randomly contain some high or low readings but do not include both.

When the plugin displays "." in a forecast field, it is because there is no data in the XML.

Thanks again,
            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by melkin View Post
              Hi again,

I just wanted to add that I was using Safari on my Mac and could not view the raw XML data but I discovered that Chrome will let me view the data.

There does not appear to be anything wrong with the plug-in's parsing of the data - I can confirm that the forecast fields randomly contain some high or low readings but do not include both.

When the plugin displays "." in a forecast field, it is because there is no data in the XML.

Thanks again,
              Mark
              That is correct.

Comment

Need some basic help.

i want to create an event that looks at the current wind summary child and send me a push over message if it exceeds 30 km/h.

how can I setup the trigger portion. This child device contains text and a number.

Comment

Is the text defined as a suffix for the status value? If so, you should still be able to just get the status value itself as a numeric number. Did you try that?

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                    Is the text defined as a suffix for the status value? If so, you should still be able to just get the status value itself as a numeric number. Did you try that?
                    No unfortunately.

Here is a sample of what it's showing now.

NW 24 km/h gust 35 km/h

Comment

I've done some testing, it seems to be working by looking only at the first number. Which I guess is technically fine.

Comment

So I'm currently using the plugin to show current temp on some screens in the home. was thinking of trying to provide forecast text as well. However, it looks like the forcast summaries all have additional text I'm not interested in. For example, for tonight's forcast I see in the xml:

Increasing cloudiness. Local smoke. Low 12. Forecast issued 11:00 AM MDT Friday 18 September 2020

I'd like to remove the "Forecast issued....2020". Offhand the only way I can think of to do this would be to write a script that gets run periodically, grabs the device string, parses it out, and then populates a virtual device, which I could then use to display on my screens. Anyone think of a more efficient way to do it?

(Note: The Forcast issued...2020 seems to be pretty consistent, so it should work for parsing purposes)

regards,

Paul

Comment

Don't know if there's a better way, but that's the way I'm doing it for POP (Probability of precipitation). It floats around within the text, so I have to scan for it and then parse accordingly. By extracting that POP value to a virtual device, I'm able to make proactive decisions connected to the inground sprinklers.

Comment

Hi

Firstly, thank you for the awesome plugin, it works amazing ly well.

Im having some some issues with this magnificent plugin, namely when it comes to displaying temperature high's and temperature low's.

The issue is that instead of showing a temperature value, it shows a period, specifically "."

Attached is a screenshot of the "." value.

Does anyone have a similar issue or fix to this?

Thank you!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Same issue for me today. HS3 with EnvCan 3.0.0.20
                              Feed: https://weather.gc.ca/rss/city/on-54_e.xml

Comment

I looked at my entries and it seems to occur whenever the numerical value is zero/0.
                                I suspect if you check your entries, you will notice the same.
                                This is not a fix, just an observation.

Comment

Working...
                                X