No announcement yet.

Environment Canada Weather plugin - HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, My Environment Canada Weather script is sill in the Scripts/Plugins library here, and does support TLS1.3 under Windows 10. I wasn't able to implement TLS1.3 for Windows 7 however.
    For now, it works. I fully understand why Chris pulled the plug. Maintaining a project like this is constant work, and with very little or no reward other than the satisfaction of a job completed. The old idiom "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" applies.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I currently support 13 providers, so you can use different providers for the same location to compare.

Regarding icons, I don't see why you can't replace the icons with your own if you wish, just use the same names. Currently for CanWeather I'm reusing icons from YR.no, but I found also the list of CanWeather icons, so will change that.

Comment

Here are some cleanup instructions since the original zipfile is no longer available for documentation.
        1. Create HS backup
        2. Delete root envcan device
        3. Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Config\EnvCan_config.xml
        4. Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\images\envcan
        5. Restart HS
        6. Check logs for anything abnormal relating to envcan
        Optional:
        1. Setup>Labs>Fix Device/Feature Relationships
        2. Restart and check logs again for issues

Let me know if there is something I missed and I will amend.

@Chrisgo: Thanks for the plugin and support over the years!

Comment

Originally posted by 123qweasd View Post
          Thanks Alex, will definitely give your plugin a try as it seems this one is not supported anymore.
          I support Canadian Weather in my AKWeather plugin https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ronment-canada

Comment

I know this plugin is no longer supported, however it's still been working fine for me unit a few days ago. It's no longer refreshing even though I have it set to 15 minute refresh rate. If I do a manual refresh it works so it looks like the only problem is the "auto refresh" isn't working. Anyone know why that is and is there a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
              I know this plugin is no longer supported, however it's still been working fine for me unit a few days ago. It's no longer refreshing even though I have it set to 15 minute refresh rate. If I do a manual refresh it works so it looks like the only problem is the "auto refresh" isn't working. Anyone know why that is and is there a fix.
              I just checked mine and it was last updated at 10:36 this morning. So far, so good. Gawd, I'm going to miss this plugin when I finally have to switch.

Comment

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ronment-canada

Comment

Originally posted by Otto-mation View Post

I just checked mine and it was last updated at 10:36 this morning. So far, so good. Gawd, I'm going to miss this plugin when I finally have to switch.
                  Restarted HS and seems OK now.

Comment

Thanks. Nice to know there's an alternative.

Comment

Working...
                    X