Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COMMAND_CLASS_METER_PULSE - new message, old device

hi just had this pop up in the log:

Node Change Event for Node 19 on Network , CC=COMMAND_CLASS_METER_PULSE but no valid devices were found.

this is node 19: any ideas?

Full Name: 1st Floor Kitchen Sink Polling: Polling Interval: 21m, 34s Manufacturer:
    Intermatic Type:
    0x4841 ID:
    0x18 Listens:
    Yes Version: 2.9 (ZDK 4.22) App: 10.0 Neighbor Rating
    Excellent (28) Speed:
    40.0Kbps Uses Interface: wdstick (61) Basic Type: ROUTING SLAVE, Generic Type: SWITCH BINARY, Specific Type: POWER SWITCH BINARY Command Classes:
    Supported: Switch Binary, Switch All, Powerlevel, Association, Version, Manufacturer Specific
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Errors of this type seem to occur from time to time. I see them three or four times a week. Reading Rick Tinker's response on these seem to indicate that it might be due to a command being misinterpreted on the Z-Wave network. This could be due to the device not transmitting it correctly or completely, possibly the Z-Wave controller not reading it properly or some corruption due to network traffic. Unless you see the same device and error repeatedly, I think you can disregard the error.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

thanks,

i'll keep my eye on it.
      HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
      53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
      https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

When I get those errors, they are always consistent with the device (ie same device, same command class).
        You would think the frame checksum would keep any message corruption to a minimum, although they don't state which type (ie how robust) of a checksum it is..

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
          When I get those errors, they are always consistent with the device (ie same device, same command class).
          You would think the frame checksum would keep any message corruption to a minimum, although they don't state which type (ie how robust) of a checksum it is..

Z
          Mine are spread among a handful of devices, but all of them are either multi-sensors or thermostats. Checking my log, I have more than I would have thought, 48 of these errors over the last two weeks and among 13 different devices. They are in clusters of 2 to 4 at exactly the same time and same device, so multiple children are likely responsible for generating the errors.

Another item of note is that I rolled back to Z-Wave 3.0.0.150 after trying .168 one last time. I rolled back on July 18. I also tricked Z-Health into running for 3 hours (11:00pm until 2:00am) the night of July 18 and again on July 19. I had two of these errors on the morning of July 19, both for the same node and at the same time, but there have been none since. So it would appear that Z-Health *might* have mitigated the errors, but there a couple of other times over the last two weeks where it skipped a day between the errors.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Yep - I get several messages across a handful of nodes. I'm running .150 of the z-wave plugin.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
            X