Energy Cost Totals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy Cost Totals

Im about to start investing in Z-Wave and the devices all can report energy use. Is there something that can total everything together and calculate the running cost?

If you're running HS3, all energy-reporting devices update the Energy SQLite database. The kicker is that there's no way to get the data out unless you roll your own queries and pages.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Beyond me for now got any ideas on how?

Comment

You can probably download any SQLite tool, such as SQLite Manager and open the Energy.hsd file on your HS server. From SQLite Manager, you would then write queries to pull the data out.

We're coming up on a year waiting for a HS page/plugin to be able to use this data

Comment

Anyone want to write this?

Comment

Which devices are you planning to use? I thought the Aeon Labs micro switches were the only ones which show energy consumption.
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

There's a new strip that came out along with plug in modules. I'd be using both.

Comment

Oh. Ok. So no light switches.
                Originally posted by rprade
                There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                  Which devices are you planning to use? I thought the Aeon Labs micro switches were the only ones which show energy consumption.
                  All of the Aeon "Smart Energy" devices are logged. This includes at least the Smart Energy switch and the HEM (Home Energy Module).

Comment

Well that's a start! Now how to get that information... Maybe I'll just go with the MAINS already need to get the panel replaced.

Comment

Working...
                    X