Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rvtravlr
    replied
    I have hardware version 2.3-DC and firmware version 2.1.6(1).

Is it worth upgrading the firmware and if I do, is the plugin working with the newer firmware?

Thanks,

Michael

Leave a comment:

• Kerat
    replied
    New OpenSprinkler Plugin

Interesting, I am currently considering this device to replace the control unit that came with the house. Is there a way to add a NIC onto the newer units?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Originally posted by Blade View Post
    I agree - hard wired is always better
    Just an aside though... Mine does drop off the network for ~20mins two to four times a day - as reported by BLLAN

It has been replaced by Opensprinkler and I have changed the port / cable and even plugged an RPi in on that cable instead, but the problem still persists just on the Opensprinkler. They suggested that fast pinging could cause issues for the under-powered 'duino network stack/hardware, so I dropped the rate back to once a minute and still see the problem. It does not affect the controller running watering programs and it is still responsive to the local buttons etc, but I cannot access it via the app or plugin during these windows. Last thing I am going to try is cabling it direct to my FiOS router, bypassing patch panels, switches etc. I expect that it will still behave the same way given the experiment with the RPi already.

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
    I don't really agree with them removing Ethernet. Seems like a backward step to me, though I am sure adding Wifi will be appreciated by many. Mine is firmly hard wired!
    I agree - hard wired is always better

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Great - I will check it out. My OpenSprinkler 3.0 was just delivered.

Apparently they had someone buy all their v2.3 stock so they upgraded my order to the 3.0 for no extra. It is wifi only though - no Ethernet hard wire on it.

I don't really agree with them removing Ethernet. Seems like a backward step to me, though I am sure adding Wifi will be appreciated by many. Mine is firmly hard wired!

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    2.1.6.0, which seems to be the latest in the updater.
    Great - I will check it out. My OpenSprinkler 3.0 was just delivered.
    Apparently they had someone buy all their v2.3 stock so they upgraded my order to the 3.0 for no extra. It is wifi only though - no Ethernet hard wire on it.

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    What version of the plugin are you using?

I have seen a couple versions throughout this thread

2.1.6.0, which seems to be the latest in the updater.

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Same for me.
    What version of the plugin are you using?
    I have seen a couple versions throughout this thread

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
    We are using it and it works just fine. Used it last year. Turning sprinklers on this weekend.

Michael

Same for me.

Leave a comment:

• Rvtravlr
    replied
    I just ordered an OpenSprinkler and am planning to have a 5 zones system put in at our house

Is anyone using this plugin with HS3 and if so, how is it working for you?

Thanks
    We are using it and it works just fine. Used it last year. Turning sprinklers on this weekend.

Michael

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    I just ordered an OpenSprinkler and am planning to have a 5 zones system put in at our house

Is anyone using this plugin with HS3 and if so, how is it working for you?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied
    Thanks.. once again we b up !

Leave a comment:

• Mattyjee
    replied
    Originally posted by gearyt View Post
    I moved over to linux, had it installed and working.. blew up my setup and have been unable to get plug-in reinstalled.. tried to erase files and start over.. nope..

download fails with missing files .. any sugestions ??
    Sorry, the linux install has an issue with case sensitivity I haven't fixed yet. Best bet is to do a manual install.

Once downloaded from the site, go into the Updates3 folder and find the files. Copy the image files to the html/images/OpenSprinkler folder, copy the .ini file to config folder, and copy the .exe. to Homeseer main folder. This usually works.

Leave a comment:

• Mattyjee
    replied
    There is no easy way to support two units, however it would be possible. It would require a fair re-write of the plugin. I don't have the time or reason to do this for you unfortunately.

Half a shortcut would be to modify a copy and have two versions running in parallel. Grab the source code (pasted earlier in the forum), rename the program to something unique like Opensprinkler2, and do a find-replace within the code for "OS-" to "O2-", find the reference for the .ini file and change it to another unique filename and then compile the .exe.

Sorry I can't be more help here.

Leave a comment:

• PJJPtx
    replied
    2nd OpenSprinkler

I have 2 units. Is there a way to support 2?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X