No announcement yet.

New OpenSprinkler Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had that problem once when i had the wrong ip entered at first then i could never get back to the config page. I eneded up going to the config file in the c drive homeseer directory and manually changing it. Then all worked fine and now i can get back to the config page in the program.

Comment

That 'll do it !! Thanks !

Matt... looks like you have a very little bug

Geary
      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Comms Fail

I have 2 expanders. I have the whole unit on the workbench and have not wired any zones to it yet. Only connected the expanders and powered it up.

The plugin is only creating 32 zones, not 40. I tried adding "Expanders=2" to the ini file but it did not help.

Additionally, all zones say "Comms Fail", but the other devices seem to be working ok.

I did notice this in the log Every few seconds:
        HTML Code:
        OS-Debug	Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status - startIndex cannot be larger than length of string. Parameter name: startIndex

Comment

PJJPtx,

Matt, the developer of this plugin will get back with you, but you'll need to be patient. He works off-shore and cannot always reply immediately.

I'm assuming everything works correctly using the OpenSprinkler app.

I think you may be the first person to use 2 expansion units with the plug-in. I'm pretty sure that the plug-in has not been tested with that many zones.

If you can, try initializing again with just one expansion unit connected. Then you'll know if the issue is the plugin not handling multiple expansion boards or something else.

Either way, I'm sure Matt will get it fixed.

Originally posted by PJJPtx View Post
          I have 2 expanders. I have the whole unit on the workbench and have not wired any zones to it yet. Only connected the expanders and powered it up.

The plugin is only creating 32 zones, not 40. I tried adding "Expanders=2" to the ini file but it did not help.

Additionally, all zones say "Comms Fail", but the other devices seem to be working ok.

I did notice this in the log Every few seconds:
          HTML Code:
          OS-Debug	Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status - startIndex cannot be larger than length of string. Parameter name: startIndex

Comment

Travis,

From your log entries, it looks like you do not have any Programs set up on your OS (nprogs=0). The "Failed attempt to write" appears to be because there is no data to write since you don't have any programs - a little bug.

Until Matt can get it fixed, you can just use your OS app to create a Program, then just disable it. I think that will prevent the error from appearing in the log.

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
            Hi Matty,

I have been having connection problems of late, but I can confirm that I can connect to the OpenSprinkler device fine, and it is running version .11 from memory.

When i turn on the logs, I get these errors. How can I go about fixing these?

Code:
            Aug-12 10:10:29 AM	 	OS-Debug	Error info: jp={"nprogs":0,"nboards":1,"mnp":14,"mnst":4,"pnsize":12,"pd":[]}
            Aug-12 10:10:29 AM	 	OS-Debug	Error: Failed in attempt to write to program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
            Aug-12 10:10:09 AM	 	OS-Debug	Error info: jp={"nprogs":0,"nboards":1,"mnp":14,"mnst":4,"pnsize":12,"pd":[]}
            Aug-12 10:10:09 AM	 	OS-Debug	Error: Failed in attempt to write to program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
            Many thanks!

Comment

Comms Fail for me was the IP changed and I had to alter the init file to match

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
              PJJPtx,

Matt, the developer of this plugin will get back with you, but you'll need to be patient. He works off-shore and cannot always reply immediately.

I'm assuming everything works correctly using the OpenSprinkler app.

I think you may be the first person to use 2 expansion units with the plug-in. I'm pretty sure that the plug-in has not been tested with that many zones.

If you can, try initializing again with just one expansion unit connected. Then you'll know if the issue is the plugin not handling multiple expansion boards or something else.

Either way, I'm sure Matt will get it fixed.

Comment

The plugin is only creating 32 zones, not 40.
                Man that is one serious "Grow" operation going on. You got me curious now and I have to assume this is not for sprinkler valves.

I know golf courses that don't have 40 zones and wiring or plumbing distances don't workout for large properties with only one controller.

Comment

I have 35 active zones. It's a 2-acre lot and every inch is sprinkled. It's a lot of water.

Comment

I have 35 active zones. It's a 2-acre lot and every inch is sprinkled. It's a lot of water.

I hope you have a well! That many zones would cost me about $1200-$1500 a month here
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Update: So, it only created 32 zones because I never changed the "Maximum number of Stations" in the plugin config.

I can get 32 stations working fine. I have the Maximum number of Stations in the plugin set to 40. I deleted all devices, and told the plugin to rebuild. If I configure the OpenSprinkler to support more than 32 zones via the web app, I get the comms error.

It is definitely accessing the 2nd expander, so it seems that the plugin itself may have some limitation in enumerating more than 32 zones/stations.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
                        I don't have linux so can't test, but I'm told that it does work. It seems that it had an error half way through copying files - which isn't a problem with the plugin but rather a problem with homeseer's installer.

I'd first try deleting and re-installing again. If that doesn't work the issue might be with slashes facing the wrong way, try a manual install:
                        1) go to /root/HomeSeer/Updates3/OpenSprinkler2.1.6.0
                        2) copy all the image files to /root/HomeSeer/html/Images/OpenSprinkler/
                        3) copy the .ini file to /root/HomeSeer/config
                        4) copy the .exe file to /root/HomeSeer
                        5) go to manage and it should appear. Start and it should work. Set your IP address and stuff in the config tab.

let me know if this works or you need more help. I'm at work at the moment and am working off memory so my details above might not be 100% correct.
                        This worked great for me as well! Thanks!

Comment

Sorry guys, I have not checked this forum for a while. I'll start looking into these issues over the next few days...

Cheers.

Comment

welcome back !

Comment

So, a few questions and comments before I fix my code...

Mark S:
                              I'll look into your master zone problem. Second point, I can make a toggle on, toggle off button, bnut I would need to choose what "toggle on" means - 1 minute, 10 minutes, etc...
                              On the web interface (for Opensprinkler, not App) I find there is a "save" button which is not in an obvious position. If you dont save then it doesn't get updated. I've had this problem also.

jrjmpls7:
                              I feel this is with the opensprinker, not the plugin. I'd simply try a bigger delay and see if that works.

Travis:
                              A simple bug it seems. I'll fix this shortly.

jbbtex:
                              The drop lists are created by Homeseer, not in the plugin. It's annoying (especially in HSTouch). I think it calculates it based on the min/max range I've chosen. I'll have a look at it.

Gearyt:
                              Yes I've known about the IP thing, I've been lazy on that becuase no one had commented on it. It should be a quick fix.

PjjPtx:
                              Yes, the plugin has maximum 32 zones, as thats what the hardware limitation was. What firmware are you using? This will potentially take a bit of code re-write to not break normal units. Can you send me a list of /jp /js /jn /jo /jc as per the following link: and I'll work out how to make it work for you and all. You may have to disable your password first.
                              http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=290

If I've missed anyone, please post your query below.

Cheers.

Comment

OS losing network connection

Hi Matt

I have the latest OS AC board with 1 expansion board and the latest firmware. I have it hooked into HS3 with this excellent plugin - thanks!

When I was away for a few days I realised that my OS wasn't reachable - turns out the GFCI had tripped and I had my neighbour reset that for me.

I decided it would be a useful to check the state of the GFCI by using the state of the plugin Controller device and send out Pushover notifications in an Invalid/Error state. The notifications work well, but they are happening quite frequently (4-6 times a day) when the GFCI isn't tripped and the controller is unavailable via the network for ~20mins each time - although it is otherwise still operational.

I opened a ticket with Ray at OS asking about the network outages and he was clear to point out the lack of resources in the underlying hardware and that the firmware has to prioritise what it is currently working on, which can cause apparent network outages.

James, The firmware needs to time share between several periodic web-related tasks, such as pinging the router to detect if it's still connected, checking weather data, performing NTP sync. While it's doing these tasks, it can't respond to ping requests, which is normal. Although the embedded web server is not as powerful, we do make the firmware as robust as possible, for example, if it detects that it can't ping the router several times in a row, it re-initializes the Ethernet controller.

In general, I do not recommend using a monitoring system, or if you do, try to limit the ping frequency to no more than once per 15 minutes or something like that. Frequency pinging will likely overwhelm the embedded web server that makes the situation worse.
                                Getting to the reason of the post...
                                I am interested as to the heatbeat mechanism utilised by the Plugin as Ray is suggesting that any frequent pinging of the hardware could result in a loss of network connectivity - although not controller functionality which is prioritised ahead of the network connectivity.

I am not yet sure whether the PI could be causing this - I also had a Domotz.com agent that was monitoring the OS Controller, which I have now deactivated - or whether I do actually have some sort of hardware issue with the controller itself.

If anyone else has seen the controller go offline fairly frequently please chime in also

Thanks
                                James
                                cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
                                X