No announcement yet.

New OpenSprinkler Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can confirm that I have HW v2.3 AC with FW 2.1.7. I was thinking of getting the v3 hardware, but have been holding off. Not sure if this plugin is being developed anymore. If it is, then I might consider getting a v3. On the other hand, I have a network jack right next to the sprinkler box, so really no need to go for the wireless version even if the plugin was modified to get it working with the newer hardware.

However, with the free Weather Underground API going away on Feb 15th, my open sprinkler will be losing access to this data. I read on the OS forums that removing the WU API key would cause the open sprinkler to query OWM.

"Clearly the current OWM-based code is using the current temperature and humidity (and rain level? uncertain) when calculating the watering level. This caused me some confusion, and is of course suboptimal. However, at least once I know what is happening, it is possible to, for example, turn off temperature-based adjustment, cut the humidity adjustment down, or just turn it off entirely and buy a rain sensor.

I'm currently testing this to see if it works on v2.3 hardware or if it's only a v3 hardware feature. If it's v3 only, then I may upgrade if historical data can be used vs current data, or will be forced to look at other solutions.
    Last edited by Chewbucka; February 6, 2019, 11:32 PM. Reason: Updated WU API going away date to Feb 15th.

Comment

there hasnt been any responses on this forum from this HS plugin developer since “june 2018” ... and he also noted in an earlier post he was using earlier firmware and
      hadnt tested against the newer 2.1.18 .... so i conclude that its some change in the new 2.1.8 OS firmware causing the “plugin start pending..” error message in HS3
      ... but in the absence of support from developer .. and given my experience - i wouldnt recomend upgrading to OS V3 if you want the HS plugin to work!
      ... at present my plan is to use the API for some basic calls from HS (eg for manual initiation of a program or individual stations only)

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
        Trying to update from 2.1.6.0 to 2.1.6.7 using updater. I just get message saying Install/Update of package OpenSprinkler failed. Can anyone tell me how to fix?
        Thanx
        When doing any updates of plugins, I disable them first, then attempt the update. If it fails, double check on the HS3 system to make sure the process has actually stopped. I have seen some cases where there are multiple instances of the opensprinkler PI running. After disabling the plugin, making sure all processes are ended, you should be able to update the plugin.

Comment

I shouldn’t be greedy as the plugin is working for me.

However, I have a water meter with me OpenSprinkler and I don’t think the plugin supports retrieving the water usage after a run.

I want to retrieve water usage per run so compare flow rates. If it is too high or low I would want to be notified about a possible leak or clog.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm the plugin developer. Been away for a while, but I'm keen to resolve any ongoing issues. Are people still having the install issue above? If so, are you able to enable the OpenSprinkler plugin's error log (on config page) and show me the log file, or are you unable to get even that far.

I don't have the latest firmware, so I'd need someone to help me here - I can send you a test plugin and you can test for me, once i get it working I'll publish formally.

Who can help me?

Cheers.
            Matt.

Comment

hi matt - welcome back!
              im still having the issue identified in earlier post .
              what do you need to try to diagnose?
              it appears others also have similar

Comment

im happy to be the tester and do whatever we can to fix this .

Comment

unable to get the plugin config page to open.
                  it says “plugin start pending” (on plugin “manage” page)
                  and then after a while gives a additional error message “failed getting interface status from opensprinkler ........”

Comment

and here is the HS log entry
                    Error Initializing plug-in(2): OpenSprinkler Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

Comment

Originally posted by gregy View Post
                      hi matt - welcome back!
                      im still having the issue identified in earlier post .
                      what do you need to try to diagnose?
                      it appears others also have similar
                      So...
                      Have you had this plugin working before and now it's broken, or are you installing for the first time?
                      What is the firmware of your opensprinkler?
                      Are you windows or linux?
                      Can you try to install the plugin from the updater and let me know the exact messages you see in the log?
                      If you can get it to install but it's not communicating with your unit, can you enable the following in the plugin settings webpage and then send me any log files?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	220
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	1308715

Finally, if you can't even get it to install can you check the folder c:\program files (x86)\homeseer\config and tell me if a file exists called HSPI_Opensprinkler.ini - if it does, can you please copy and paste the contents for me.

I'll get back to you tomorrow.
                      Others also feel free to chime in or do the above steps.

Cheers.
                      Matt.

Comment

Sorry, didn't see your last two posts before writing mine.
                        As a potential quick fix, can you manually edit HSPI_Opensprinkler.ini to fill in the correct IP address and port - this may be all that is wrong. My plugin is bad in that you need to install it before you can enter the correct IP and port number, but the install also needs to talk to the unit to build devices. I can fix this but just need to confirm if this is the issue...

For example, the first three lines of my .ini file are:
                        [Settings]
                        IPaddress=192.168.1.9
                        IPPort=80

Comment

brilliant - that did it! (also added the password on the 3rd line)
                          .. plugin now starts as expected & I can access the config page
                          as far as i can tell - its now working as expected

Comment

after entering config I did a manual build devices & they all appeared ok.
                            (not sure if it had already built them automatically )

Comment

Originally posted by gregy View Post
                              brilliant - that did it! (also added the password on the 3rd line)
                              .. plugin now starts as expected & I can access the config page
                              as far as i can tell - its now working as expected
                              Cool. I'll fix this bit and resubmit a new version in the updater tool.

Are there any cool new features in the new firmware version which anyone wants added?

Comment

hi matt
                                Ive not previously used it - this is the first Ive been able to get it working.
                                I notice that :
                                - rain delay appears to work as expected ie status is displaying the date/time for current rain delay period : all good
                                however
                                - program #1 status shows as “runs today”. (despite the fact that with the current rain delay it actually will not run today) - correct behaviour is confirmed
                                in the openspinkler (IOS) program - which shows program 1 in the schedule as “crossed out” for today (ie it will not run because of rain delay)
                                .. not sure if its possible to correctly show the status of the programs? under rain delay

Comment

Working...
                                X