X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattyjee
    replied
    Originally posted by jacobegan View Post
    I was looking at open sprinkler in hopes it does not need internet access to function, only local lan connected to homeseer controller. can you confirm? Also, can individual zones be controlled manually?
    The Opensprinkler unit doesn't need internet connection to function and run zones, but i do think the native opensprinkler interface needs internet connection unless you locally store a javascript file on it so it can render it's web interface (I may be wrong here). It also needs internet if you are using the auto-weather update functionality. But the plugin<-->opensprinkler works fine on local lan, no internet required. Zones can be controlled manually.

You can do everything to opensprinkler via http commands (see API document: https://openthings.freshdesk.com/hel...nts/5097673481) - that's basically all the plugin is based off - the http commands and responses. If my plugin doesn't already do what you need, you can definitely do it manually via http.

Edit: Refer to note 20 in the API - you can redirect the javascript file to a local copy on your own network and then i think it will work without internet connection.

Leave a comment:

• jacobegan
    replied
    Thank you! I was looking into what features the open sprinkler plug in had before buying a unit. Do you have any screenshots of the configurations, etc? I was looking at open sprinkler in hopes it does not need internet access to function, only local lan connected to homeseer controller. can you confirm? Also, can individual zones be controlled manually?

Right now i'm using a couple of 12v dc relays that are controllable through SSH. Hoping Open Sprinkler makes management a bit easier. For my current setup i have virtual devices that run a program (putty.exe) then a script to turn on /off

Leave a comment:

• Mattyjee
    replied
    Never mind - I was able to replicate on my own system and work it out.

It was a mess - the plug would get stuck during the start-up due to some dodgy code which has been there for a while - when you stop the plugin, it wouldn't actually stop and you could end up with multiple instances of the thing running.

I've created and tested a new version which fixes this for good. This one actually allows you to set the IP address in the config page. Should be in updater soon under version 2.1.8.12

in the mean time for anyone reading this - just edit the HSPI_Opensprinkler.ini file to set the correct IP and port and it will work just fine.

I've also added support for the flow sensor, however i'm not sure i have the scaling correct - need someone to test for me.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Mattyjee
    replied
    Originally posted by jacobegan View Post
    Fresh install of version 2.1.6.8 today on the latest version of HS3 (never installed the plugin before).

Receiving this error: WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from OpenSprinkler - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed."
    Thanks but i need more. That is only telling me there is a problem, not what the problem is.

Can you please do the following:
    In your c:\program files (x86)\Homeseer HS3\Config folder would be a file called HSPI_Opensprinkler.ini

1) Can you please copy and paste the contents of that file for me to see
    2) Can you please edit the file and change debug=false to debug=true if it isn't already.
    3) Can you please retry to start the plugin and then send me anything relevant from your main Homeseer log file.

The above will help me to fix the problem properly.

Also, can you please get me the log from when the plug attempt to start - I'm expecting to see the following line in the log you send me...
    Jun-10 11:28:09 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin OpenSprinkler ...
    which comes up as soon as you try to run it.
    Then i need to see the lines that follow that one...
    Only then - can i actually fix this.
    Cheers.
    Matt.

Leave a comment:

• jacobegan
    replied
    Fresh install of version 2.1.6.8 today on the latest version of HS3 (never installed the plugin before).

Receiving this error: WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from OpenSprinkler - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed."

Here is the error log:
    Jun-09 10:46:18 AM Error Getting web page from plugin page Config:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jun-09 10:46:18 AM Error Initializing plug-in(2): OpenSprinkler Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
    Jun-09 10:44:28 AM Error Getting web page from plugin page Config:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jun-09 10:44:28 AM Error Initializing plug-in(2): OpenSprinkler Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
    Jun-09 10:29:23 AM Error Initializing plug-in(2): OpenSprinkler Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
    Jun-09 10:29:23 AM Error Getting web page from plugin page Config:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jun-09 10:27:31 AM Error Initializing plug-in(2): OpenSprinkler Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
    Jun-09 10:27:17 AM Error Getting web page from plugin page Config:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Leave a comment:

• Mattyjee
    replied
    Originally posted by bkobistek View Post
    I just installed OpenSprinkler plug-in. I enable the plug in and it says, "INFO: Plugin start is pending." Then after several minutes, I get, "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from OpenSprinkler - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed." I try to open the OpenSprinkler configuration page, but nothing happens. Any ideas?
    In your c:\program files (x86)\Homeseer HS3\Config folder would be a file called HSPI_Opensprinkler.ini

1) Can you please copy and paste the contents of that file for me to see
    2) Can you please edit the file and change debug=false to debug=true if it isn't already.
    3) Can you please retry to start the plugin and then send me anything relevant from your main Homeseer log file.

The above will help me to fix the problem properly.
    For you though, the problem can most likely be fixed by setting your correct IP address and Port in the ini file. Can you confirm if this worked? (After doing the above for me please)

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• bkobistek
    replied
    I just installed OpenSprinkler plug-in. I enable the plug in and it says, "INFO: Plugin start is pending." Then after several minutes, I get, "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from OpenSprinkler - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed." I try to open the OpenSprinkler configuration page, but nothing happens. Any ideas?

Current Date/Time: 6/8/2019 3:30:15 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.531
    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 4 Days 20 Hours 43 Minutes 14 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.123
    Number of Devices: 316
    Number of Events: 141
    Available Threads: 198
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.5: CM15A
    1.2019.211.1740: MyQ
    3.0.2.20: OMNI
    2.1.6.8: OpenSprinkler
    3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Leave a comment:

• Mattyjee
    replied
    Any idea what this means exactly (from OS API)?
    ● fpr{0,1} : flow pulse rate (scaled by 100) lower/upper byte. The actual flow pulse rate is ((fpr1<<8)+fpr0)/100.0

Can't work out how this relates to working out the flow. It seems to report a number of counts in a 30 second (configurable) window and then somehow i'm supposed to use the above line to convert that to an actual flow...? Is it as simple as fpr 1 = volume of each click multiplied by 100?

Leave a comment:

• Mattyjee
    replied
    The water meter functionality was only added to OS in firmware 2.1.7 I think and I haven't updated since 2.1.6 - hence why I want to add it but need someone to test for me as I only have old hardware and I cant upgrade my firmware past 2.1.6. Also, currently my plugin rebuilds the devices each time the plugin starts - yes I think this does overwrite any changes you make. I might disable this so its only rebuilds the devices if you click the 'rebuild devices button". I will fix the issue above with the off graphic - I suspect Homeseer re-named or deleted one of their icons. I will build a test version for the water meter and send it to you - I'll do this in the next couple of days. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• gregy
    replied
    a minor observation
    HS device created for “running status” - has 4 values (under advanced) - but only has 3 graphics defined (it doesnt have a graphic defined for “off” status , value =2)
    i know that i could do this - however if the devices are “recreated” by your plugin - i think it over writes any changes i make?

Leave a comment:

• gregy
    replied
    hi matt
    i also have a water meter with a flow sensor - & am planning to connect this input to either OS or HS to monitor water flow/useage.
    If your plugin was able to access/display the appropriate API variables from OS and create device in your HS plugin - it would be useful for me.
    I had a quick look - the API doc lists a couple of variables - but i havent got my mind around what’s available and how you would use it.
    (currently nothing displaying from your plugin - although not sure if i have to enable something in OS?)

Leave a comment:

• Mattyjee
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnGalt View Post
    I shouldn’t be greedy as the plugin is working for me.

However, I have a water meter with me OpenSprinkler and I don’t think the plugin supports retrieving the water usage after a run.

I want to retrieve water usage per run so compare flow rates. If it is too high or low I would want to be notified about a possible leak or clog.
    Hey, do you still want this functionality? If so, I'd like to create and send you a test version to try before I put something in the updater.

Leave a comment:

• gregy
    replied
    haha, some of us do irrigate on SSC .. I do like a lush green lawn and a thriving garden (lemons and limes are important ingredients for my fav cocktail)
    and a few rain water tanks helps .
    Ive wired one of the sprinkler stations to
    a solenoid/pump that cross feeds between tanks - using some water level sensors and logic in homeseer - hence why getting your plugin to work
    was a priority for me - so i can use HS to determine logic and then run a station in opensprinkler to cross feed tanks.

thx for the tip on the status and buttons - ive programmed a 2 day delay button as you described - all good.
    updated plugin still not showing up in the updater

Leave a comment:

• Mattyjee
    replied
    Originally posted by gregy View Post
    .. so my request may be impractical or difficult?
    I had a very brief look last night - I think it's do-able...

I see you're from the Sunny Coast - I didn't think anyone there even knew what garden irrigation was...

Leave a comment:

• gregy
    replied
    i just noticed in manual that it says
    “The program preview is implemented using a software simulation of the scheduling algorithm” .

the API document doesnt have an API variable for next scheduled day (after allowing for current rain delay) - hence for your plugin to display the (correct) next watering day
    it would need to do a similar check of rain delay against the schedule algorithm for the program watering interval ...
    .. so my request may be impractical or difficult?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X