New OpenSprinkler Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!

I have tried to read up on the CAPI in the manual, but I find it somewhat hard to understand, especially for the non-programmers I would love to see some example uses in the help file, and better explanations of the core concepts.

Anyways, I found tenscripting3 and tenscriptAid that helped alot. tenScripAid gave the following snippet that works:

Dim cc As HomeSeerAPI.CAPI.CAPIControl = hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(2236, True, "On for: (value) mins", False, False)
    cc.ControlValue = 15
    Dim cr As HomeSeerAPI.CAPI.CAPIControlResponse = hs.CAPIControlHandler(cc)

this will turn on the sprinkler (refid:2236) for 15 min.

Comment

Sleepy81 You can simplify it a bit like this:

Code:
      hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(2236, true, "15", false, true))
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

ive downloaded latest version and confirm that after enabling flow sensor in OS setup, and then a manual device rebuild in plugin config - it then adds a new device
        for “flow” - all good.
        i echo the suggestion from another user above that additional devices for tracking volume would be useful (although acknowledge this could also be done in HS with a script or similar)
        as a suggestion - a device that tracks the “total volume for today” would be useful .

as yet i havent had a chance to check the operation of OS with a calibrated flow rate to check the flow sensor reporting correct in your PI.
        matt - as i kinow you dont have the later version of OS firmware - just in case your not aware of how it presents itsefl in the OS app.
        1) in the config section it has a drop down for selecting either Litre/pulse or gal/pulse
        2) it has an entry field for setting the number of pulse for above
        3) on the status screen it shows x.xx L/min (or Gal/min)

Comment

I recently noticed that this plugin was working again, so I ran the configuration to recreate all of my devices. It created the programs and the zones on the main board fine, but I can't get it to create the zones for my "zone expansion boards". I have an old version 8 zone as well as a new version 16 zone. My main board hardware is 2.0, firmware 2.1.7. Any help is appreciated.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            Sleepy81 You can simplify it a bit like this:

Code:
            hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(2236, true, "15", false, true))
            Thanks! I’ll try that tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ttbs922 View Post
              I recently noticed that this plugin was working again, so I ran the configuration to recreate all of my devices. It created the programs and the zones on the main board fine, but I can't get it to create the zones for my "zone expansion boards". I have an old version 8 zone as well as a new version 16 zone. My main board hardware is 2.0, firmware 2.1.7. Any help is appreciated.
              Thanks
              On the config page you have to set the number of stations. have you done this?

Comment

Interesting, I did have it set to 32, which is the number of zones on my system, but tried doubling it to 64 and it worked. Maybe it's because I am mixing hardware versions. Either way, I am working now, so thanks for the help!

Comment

hi matt
                  i noticed that when a station is qued. ie another station is already running & then you manually start another,
                  it shows the second station with the submitted run time, but it doesnt change status or color to indicate its qued.
                  in the IOS app, it shows it in a different color and that its scheduled.
                  this is just a nice to have if/when you are doing any updates - and assuming that its possible.

Comment

Originally posted by gregy View Post
                    hi matt
                    i noticed that when a station is qued. ie another station is already running & then you manually start another,
                    it shows the second station with the submitted run time, but it doesnt change status or color to indicate its qued.
                    in the IOS app, it shows it in a different color and that its scheduled.
                    this is just a nice to have if/when you are doing any updates - and assuming that its possible.
                    It is probably possible but its very difficult, so sorry I'll pass on this one.

Comment

Matt -- I'm getting a somewhat surprising error message and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong:
                      Sep-21 6:23:04 AM OS-Plugin Failed to send out to Controller
                      Sep-21 6:23:04 AM OS-Debug SetIOMulti Exception - Input string was not in a correct format.
                      Sep-21 6:23:00 AM OS-Debug SetIOMulti called for: OS-Station15, Command:0
                      Sep-21 6:23:00 AM Event Deleting event after run: "Delayed Actions North Driveway Trees (Delayed Action) - 1"
                      Sep-21 6:23:00 AM Device Control Device: OpenSprinkler OpenSprinkler North Driveway Trees to Off (0)
                      I don't control the format of the string. This is simply an event that turns a specific device on and, after a specified period, turns it off. There's a subsequent event that turns off a different station and it seems to work correctly.

Suggestions?

Rog

Comment

Originally posted by rloeb View Post
                        Matt -- I'm getting a somewhat surprising error message and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong:
                        Sep-21 6:23:04 AM OS-Plugin Failed to send out to Controller
                        Sep-21 6:23:04 AM OS-Debug SetIOMulti Exception - Input string was not in a correct format.
                        Sep-21 6:23:00 AM OS-Debug SetIOMulti called for: OS-Station15, Command:0
                        Sep-21 6:23:00 AM Event Deleting event after run: "Delayed Actions North Driveway Trees (Delayed Action) - 1"
                        Sep-21 6:23:00 AM Device Control Device: OpenSprinkler OpenSprinkler North Driveway Trees to Off (0)
                        I don't control the format of the string. This is simply an event that turns a specific device on and, after a specified period, turns it off. There's a subsequent event that turns off a different station and it seems to work correctly.

Suggestions?

Rog
                        I'll take a look tomorrow. What firmware version and what plugin version are you using?

Cheers.

Comment

Plugin Version 2.1.8.22; OS Version 2.1.7 on hardware 2.3-AC. Device is actually controlled via HTTP from OS, although HomeSeer doesn't know that. (It's connected to an OSBee.) What's interesting is that if I send an "off" command from the device view (by clicking "off" for that device), there's no problem.
                          Sep-22 11:15:22 AM OpenSprinkler Zone 15 off successfully set
                          Sep-22 11:15:22 AM OS-Debug SetIOMulti called for: OS-Station15, Command:0
                          Sep-22 11:15:22 AM Device Control Device: OpenSprinkler OpenSprinkler North Driveway Trees to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                          Rog

Comment

Rog,

Having searched my code, and your observation of it only fails when called through the events, not through the device view, I suspect that perhaps the "0" being sent is not a true zero but perhaps has a rounding error. I was unable to replicate the error on my system.

I've created a test file, which wont fix your problem but it includes a few extra log entries which will help me find the problem. Do you mind installing this over your current version and then sending me the same log - i should then be able to pinpoint the error.

Cheers.
                            Matt.
                            Attached Files

Comment

My apologies, but I don't know how to install a plugin directly. (I'm running under Linux.)

Comment

Originally posted by rloeb View Post
                                My apologies, but I don't know how to install a plugin directly. (I'm running under Linux.)
                                Dammit, my post got deleted in the forum backup...

Anyway, sorry instructions are as follows:

1) There will already be a file called HSPI_Opensprinkler.exe in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer folder (or your linux equivalent).
                                2) Using the Homeseer web interface, manage tab, disable the Opensprinkler plugin.
                                3) Extract the zip file in my post #508 above, and overwrite the existing HSPI_Opensprinkler.exe with the new exe. Save a backup of the old file if you want to put it back after.
                                4) Re-enable the plugin as per step 2.
                                5) Test the issue again, and send me any log files you get.

Let me know if you need help on any of these steps.
                                Cheers.
                                Matt.

Comment

Working...
                                X