New OpenSprinkler Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post

Sorry, I'm not quite following. Is this when HS3 is starting up? Or when HS3 is shutting down? Or when plugin in starting up? etc...
    When HS is shutting down.
    Michael

Comment

Matt,
      Sometime back I updated the plugin on my system and I'm just now noticing I'm having a problem since I only really use the plug-in to enable and disable Open Sprinkler when there's a chance of a freeze.

Anyway it's not working since I haven't been updating the firmware because quite frankly it's a PITA to do. Do you still have a version of you plugin that works with OS FW 2.1.6. And if you do can you post it here or let me know where I can download it?
      Thanks,
      Brady

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
        Matt,
        Sometime back I updated the plugin on my system and I'm just now noticing I'm having a problem since I only really use the plug-in to enable and disable Open Sprinkler when there's a chance of a freeze.

Anyway it's not working since I haven't been updating the firmware because quite frankly it's a PITA to do. Do you still have a version of you plugin that works with OS FW 2.1.6. And if you do can you post it here or let me know where I can download it?
        Thanks,
        Brady
        The current version should still be compatible with 2.1.6. I know this because I'm still using 2.1.6 myself so I always make sure its backwards compatible, although perhaps I've broken something that I'm not aware of. Can you be specific about what doesnt work and/or any log file. I'd like to fix it, but when I get home I can also dig up a couple old versions if you'd prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
          Upgraded to 2.1.9.2 and everything seems to be working. However, from the very beginning of your plugin when HS3 closes, I get this window:

Click image for larger version

Name:	0AFAD5F2-3C1A-4045-A555-135FAC9B77D5.jpeg
Views:	580
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	1338239

Any ideas?

Thanks!
          Are you saying that this has always happened with the older versions of the plugin and is also still happening with 2.1.9.2?
          I was also having that come up with my old versions, but I have fixed the issue (at least i thought).
          One thing to check, when everything is running, check task manager and see if there are two instances of the Opensprinkler plugin running...
          It really shouldn't occur anymore...

Comment

The current version should still be compatible with 2.1.6. I know this because I'm still using 2.1.6 myself so I always make sure its backwards compatible, although perhaps I've broken something that I'm not aware of. Can you be specific about what doesnt work and/or any log file. I'd like to fix it, but when I get home I can also dig up a couple old versions if you'd prefer.
            I got sorted. Removed all of OS in my HS install and started over. Everything back to normal.

Comment

Are you saying that this has always happened with the older versions of the plugin and is also still happening with 2.1.9.2?
              I was also having that come up with my old versions, but I have fixed the issue (at least i thought).
              One thing to check, when everything is running, check task manager and see if there are two instances of the Opensprinkler plugin running...
              It really shouldn't occur anymore...
              Yes, it happened with earlier versions and is happening with 2.1.9.2. Only one instance of the PI is running.
              Michael

Comment

Matt --

Not sure if you're attempting to keep up with HS4. I tried the latest beta today and got this message for OS:

Error: Failed creating statuslog section of webpage - Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                Service Version: NO_VERSION

I haven't the vaguest idea what the message means, or whether anyone cares, but I thought I'd give you an early warning.

-- Rog

Comment

More info: the error in the previous message occurs when opening the plugin for configuration (in HS4) or when clicking on the status and command refresh.

There's another possible error: OS seems to be creating objects representing programs that don't exist. This is the last line from the associated devices listing on the "advanced" device configuration page:
                  OpenSprinkler OpenSprinkler Program: Drip Trees Evening (117), (Not Found=118) (118), (Not Found=119) (119), (Not Found=121) (121)
                  [Device 120, missing from this list, is a light switch.]

Rog

Comment

Just installed Open Sprinkler OS 3.2 and Homeseer plug-in.
                    Password is set to opendoor but get password error.
                    I can log into Opensprinkler using the password opendoor.
                    HS3 log shows:

Oct-09 12:33:27 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Oct-09 12:33:27 PM OS-Debug Error info: jc=
                    Oct-09 12:33:27 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to history device - Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                    Oct-09 12:33:27 PM OS-Debug Error info: js=
                    Oct-09 12:33:27 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Status device - Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.
                    Oct-09 12:33:27 PM OS-Debug Error info: rs=0
                    Oct-09 12:33:27 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Rain/Soil Sensor device - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Oct-09 12:33:27 PM OS-Debug Error info: uwt=0
                    Oct-09 12:33:27 PM OS-Debug Error info: wl=0
                    Oct-09 12:33:27 PM OS-Debug Error info: jo=
                    Oct-09 12:33:27 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Water% device - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Oct-09 12:33:27 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Rain delay device - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Oct-09 12:33:27 PM OS-Debug Error info: jp=
                    Oct-09 12:33:27 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Oct-09 12:33:27 PM OS-Debug Error info: js=
                    Oct-09 12:33:27 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to station devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Oct-09 12:33:27 PM OS-Debug Error info: en=0
                    Oct-09 12:33:27 PM OS-Debug Error: Root device update failed - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Oct-09 12:33:25 PM OS-Debug Water% Device (re)built with no errors
                    Oct-09 12:33:25 PM OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Water%
                    Oct-09 12:33:25 PM OS-Plugin Error: Failed creating Rain Sensor device - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Oct-09 12:33:25 PM OS-Debug History Device (re)built with no errors
                    Oct-09 12:33:25 PM OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-History
                    Oct-09 12:33:25 PM OS-Debug Status Device (re)built with no errors
                    Oct-09 12:33:25 PM OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Status
                    Oct-09 12:33:25 PM OS-Debug Rain Delay Device (re)built with no errors
                    Oct-09 12:33:25 PM OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Delay
                    Oct-09 12:33:25 PM OS-Plugin Error: Failed creating Program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Oct-09 12:33:25 PM OS-Plugin Error: Failed creating Zone devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Oct-09 12:33:25 PM OS-Debug BuildDevices: Root device created
                    Oct-09 12:33:25 PM OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Root
                    Oct-09 12:33:25 PM OS-Debug Rebuilding Devices
                    Oct-09 12:33:22 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Oct-09 12:33:22 PM OS-Debug Error info: jc=
                    Oct-09 12:33:22 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to history device - Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                    Oct-09 12:33:22 PM OS-Debug Error info: js=
                    Oct-09 12:33:22 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Status device - Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.
                    Oct-09 12:33:22 PM OS-Debug Error info: rs=0
                    Oct-09 12:33:22 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Rain/Soil Sensor device - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Oct-09 12:33:22 PM OS-Debug Error info: uwt=0
                    Oct-09 12:33:22 PM OS-Debug Error info: wl=0
                    Oct-09 12:33:22 PM OS-Debug Error info: jo=
                    Oct-09 12:33:22 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Water% device - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Oct-09 12:33:22 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Rain delay device - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Oct-09 12:33:22 PM OS-Debug Error info: jp=
                    Oct-09 12:33:22 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Oct-09 12:33:22 PM OS-Debug Error info: js=
                    Oct-09 12:33:22 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to station devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Oct-09 12:33:22 PM OS-Debug Error info: en=0
                    Oct-09 12:33:22 PM OS-Debug Error: Root device update failed - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Oct-09 12:33:20 PM OS-Debug Success! INI File read
                    Oct-09 12:33:20 PM OS-Debug Device Rebuild Requested

what to do?

Comment

Originally posted by TotalVoice View Post
                      Just installed Open Sprinkler OS 3.2 and Homeseer plug-in.
                      Password is set to opendoor but get password error.
                      I can log into Opensprinkler using the password opendoor.

what to do?
                      From your error info, i can see it's not reading/communicating.

Do you have the IP address set correctly? You need to assign the Opensprinkler a a static IP address (either on the unit itself or your router) and give the plugin that IP address.

Alos, do you know what firmware version your unit is running? The plugin has been tested up to 2.1.9

Comment

Hello Matty,
                        I have verified that the ip address is correct. The system is up an running on the network.
                        Its address is 192.168.2.143:8080
                        On Homeseer, I get a login error.

Here are screen shots from the browser and HS below.
                        How do I get the pass word to be read correctly? Do I use the MD5 version of 'opendoor'?

Click image for larger version

Name:	OpenSprinkler.collection.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1430977

Comment

Have you tried changing the password from the default?

Comment

Changed the password then Click image for larger version

Name:	OpenSprinkler.collection2.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	1431073 back to original. I got good response but fails to build devices.

Comment

glad I popped in here, though you had left us... as soon as it settles down will update to current firm ware utilizing HS 4
                              the only problem I have had for years is it loosing connection with wifi.. just ran cable to help, it didn't
                              Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                                the only problem I have had for years is it loosing connection with wifi.. just ran cable to help, it didn't
                                geryt - I had a network disconnect issue with FW 2.1.8 using an ethernet cable. The link lights would be on, but I could not connect to the webUi/API. A power cycle would "fix" the problem, but it came back in a few weeks or months. FW 2.1.9 fixed the network issues for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X