X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting similar errors.
    Code:
    Starting up....

4/8/2015 5:20:56 PM ~!~OS-Plugin~!~Error: Did not recieve a response from OpenSprinkler Controller.
    4/8/2015 5:20:57 PM ~!~OS-Plugin~!~Error: Failed creating Zone devices - Input string was not in a correct format.

4/8/2015 5:20:57 PM ~!~OS-Plugin~!~Error: Failed creating Program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
    4/8/2015 5:20:57 PM ~!~OS-Plugin~!~Error: Failed creating Rain Sensor device - Input string was not in a correct format.
    4/8/2015 5:21:16 PM ~!~OS-Plugin~!~Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status -Input string was not in a correct format.
    4/8/2015 5:21:42 PM ~!~OS-Plugin~!~Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status -Input string was not in a correct format.
    4/8/2015 5:22:11 PM ~!~OS-Plugin~!~Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status -Input string was not in a correct format.Startup Complete, 7 errors detected, check the log for more information.
    Then this in the HS log:
    Code:
    Apr-08 8:53:51 PM	 	OS-Plugin	Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status -Input string was not in a correct format.
    Apr-08 8:53:40 PM	 	OS-Plugin	Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status -Input string was not in a correct format.
    Apr-08 8:53:29 PM	 	OS-Plugin	Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status -Input string was not in a correct format.
    Apr-08 8:53:18 PM	 	OS-Plugin	Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status -Input string was not in a correct format.
    Apr-08 8:53:06 PM	 	OS-Plugin	Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status -Input string was not in a correct format.
    Apr-08 8:52:56 PM	 	OS-Plugin	Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status -Input string was not in a correct format.
    Apr-08 8:52:45 PM	 	OS-Plugin	Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status -Input string was not in a correct format.
    Apr-08 8:52:34 PM	 	OS-Plugin	Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status -Input string was not in a correct format.
    Apr-08 8:52:23 PM	 	OS-Plugin	Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status -Input string was not in a correct format.
    As you can see the HS log errors continue with each poll. But no functional problems here either.

Comment

Gary,

That answers things. Thanks!

Your communications between Homeseer PC and Opensprinkler are not as robust for some reason. I had built in some code to allow for the odd missed communication but my code was expecting a blank string not an "ERROR: The operation has timed out".

Please load up this new version (1.2.0.9). All I've really changed is how it handles a missed communication. In the new version, if there is any comms error it will write a single debug log line and then try again. If it misses three in a row, it will write a single normal log line, set devices to comms error and then keep trying. I've basically just tidied up the logging when it comes to errors.

Brady - your error seems different, you had no comms at all (did you have the network down or was it still starting up?). Can you load this new version and then tell me the errors you are getting (You may need to enable debug logging).

Cheers.
      Attached Files

Comment

Requesting Help with OS HS3 Logging Error 6

Thanks much, I've loaded 1209 and I'm running in Debug - looks good however
        it took about 40minutes for this warning to show up
        Apr-08 9:40:20 PM OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 1 consecutive cycles
        I received 6 warnings in about 6 minutes then none.

I understand this warning from your earlier post and know that if I turn Debug off I won't see them.

I'm old too perhaps that's why I like a clean log.
        I appreciated the support and thanks again
        Best Wishes

Comment

Thats right, debug off and you wont see them.
          3 in a row and you'll get a (single) message in your log regardless of debug setting.

Everyone appreciates a clean log!

Cheers.

Comment

MattyJee, sorry I haven't had a chance to look at this recently, but I think I'm still having the problem of missing buttons for the Programs. Are there supposed to be buttons on the Program Devices that allow me to disable/enable a scheduled program? I also notice in post 162, there are no buttons on his programs, perhaps I am looking for something that doesn't exist?

I completely removed the plugin, deleted all the files on my hard drive that are part of opensprinkler and then reinstalled.

Here is a copy of my log:
            Code:
             Apr-12 10:04:26 PM         OpenSprinkler    All zones are off   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    Water% Device (re)built with no errors   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Water%   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    Rain Sensor Device (re)built with no errors   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Rain   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    History Device (re)built with no errors   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-History   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    Status Device (re)built with no errors   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Status   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    Rain Delay Device (re)built with no errors   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Delay   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    Program Devices (re)built with no errors   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Program3   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Program2   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Program1   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    Zone Devices (re)built with no errors   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station8   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station7   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station6   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station5   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station4   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station3   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station2   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station1   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    BuildDevices: Root device created   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Root   
             Apr-12 10:04:23 PM         OS-Debug    Rebuilding Devices   
             Apr-12 10:04:22 PM         OS-Debug    Password MD5: XXXXXXXX   
             Apr-12 10:04:22 PM         OS-Debug    Password Plaintext: XXXXXXXXX
             Apr-12 10:04:22 PM         OS-Debug    Firmware version is 213. Plugin valid for 210 to 213+   
             Apr-12 10:04:22 PM         OS-Debug    Success! INI File read   
             Apr-12 10:04:22 PM         OS-Debug    Device Rebuild Requested   
             Apr-12 10:04:20 PM         OS-Debug    OpenSprinkler not read. Skipping code.   
             Apr-12 10:04:20 PM         OS-Debug    IP not set. Skipping read.   
             Apr-12 10:04:15 PM         OS-Debug    OpenSprinkler not read. Skipping code.   
             Apr-12 10:04:15 PM         OS-Debug    IP not set. Skipping read.   
             Apr-12 10:04:10 PM         OS-Debug    OpenSprinkler not read. Skipping code.   
             Apr-12 10:04:10 PM         OS-Debug    IP not set. Skipping read.   
             Apr-12 10:04:05 PM         OS-Debug    OpenSprinkler not read. Skipping code.   
             Apr-12 10:04:05 PM         OS-Debug    IP not set. Skipping read.   
             Apr-12 10:04:00 PM         OS-Debug    OpenSprinkler not read. Skipping code.   
             Apr-12 10:04:00 PM         OS-Debug    IP not set. Skipping read.   
             Apr-12 10:03:55 PM         OS-Debug    OpenSprinkler not read. Skipping code.   
             Apr-12 10:03:55 PM         OS-Debug    IP not set. Skipping read.   
             Apr-12 10:03:52 PM         OS-Plugin    Debug Logging enabled   
             Apr-12 10:03:27 PM         Warning    File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\jo   
             Apr-12 10:03:10 PM         Plug-In    Finished initializing plug-in OpenSprinkler   
             Apr-12 10:03:10 PM         OS-Plugin    Success! OpenSprinkler Plugin Initialised   
             Apr-12 10:03:10 PM         OS-Plugin    Error: Did not recieve a response from OpenSprinkler Controller.   
             Apr-12 10:03:10 PM         Info    Plugin OpenSprinkler has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:53656   
             Apr-12 10:02:24 PM         Updater    Install/Update of package OpenSprinkler was successful.   
             Apr-12 10:02:24 PM         Updater    Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_OpenSprinkler.exe   
             Apr-12 10:02:24 PM         Updater    Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\config\HSPI_OpenSprinkler.ini   
             Apr-12 10:02:24 PM         Updater    Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_Zoneon.jpg   
             Apr-12 10:02:24 PM         Updater    Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_Root.png   
             Apr-12 10:02:24 PM         Updater    Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_Rain.png   
             Apr-12 10:02:24 PM         Updater    Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_ok.png   
             Apr-12 10:02:24 PM         Updater    Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_Off.png   
             Apr-12 10:02:24 PM         Updater    Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_NoIP.png   
             Apr-12 10:02:24 PM         Updater    Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_error.png   
             Apr-12 10:02:24 PM         Updater    Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_disabled.png   
             Apr-12 10:02:24 PM         Updater    Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_Device.png   
             Apr-12 10:02:24 PM         Updater    Making dir: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\   
             Apr-12 10:02:24 PM         Updater    Installing package OpenSprinkler   
             Apr-12 10:02:24 PM         Updater    Update HSPI_OpenSprinkler.exe downloaded successfully   
             Apr-12 10:02:23 PM         Updater    Downloading update: OpenSprinkler   
             Apr-12 10:02:23 PM         Updater   Starting download of updates
            and an image of my Programs
            Attached Files
            HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

There are supposed to be buttons. I have no idea why you're not getting them but yes I notice you're not the only one.

I'll try to have another detailed look at what is going wrong - but I have them here so I don't know why its not working for you.

In the meantime, if you add them manually through the device management page it should all work like normal. Make your program devices like the screenshot below... (Let me know if the buttons work once you've done this).

Others - do you have this problem?
              Attached Files

Comment

Matt,

Just ran across a minor issue with the Program devices, but one I need for my HS Touch projects.

They work fine and the device string shows when the day of the next scheduled run. However, the device date/time change does not update when the device string changes. HS Touch doesn't update the Programs next run day because of this.

I think it is just a matter of changing the boolean parameter in the SetDeviceString command to TRUE.

Thanks --

Comment

Done. See attached.

On a side note - are you having the same problem described by misraels above (program buttons not rendering on device management page)? I can't replicate the issue and want to know if its just him or others too.

Cheers.
                  Matt.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the modification.

No, I'm not seeing that problem. All of my Programs have three buttons; Disable, Enable and Run Once.

Comment

As a note, when I went and looked at the devices for my programs, they appeared to be set up just like yours. So, I deleted them and then added them manually myself. The status changes and shows the status of the OS itself, but when I select a button, it does not send to OS, the HS device changes for a couple seconds then it looks like the PI is reading the status back from OS and changes the status back to how it started.

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post
                        As a note, when I went and looked at the devices for my programs, they appeared to be set up just like yours. So, I deleted them and then added them manually myself. The status changes and shows the status of the OS itself, but when I select a button, it does not send to OS, the HS device changes for a couple seconds then it looks like the PI is reading the status back from OS and changes the status back to how it started.
                        If you manually deleted the devices and manually recreated them then yes - it wont work. The plugin would still write to the devices because it does this by searching for the device address, but a button would not work because the new devices you created would not be associated with the OpenSprinkler plugin - homeseer would not tell the plugin that the button was pressed (this is the way homeseer works, not a plugin issue).

Assuming this is what you have done, try manually deleting the program devices again and then using the "Lets go" button on the Opensprinkler config page to rebuild the devices. If that recreated your program devices but without the buttons then I don't know what the problem is - but try just manually adding the buttons to those new devices and that would theoretically work.

Its the exact same subroutine I call to build the program device buttons that does all the other device buttons, and it works for me and Brady so I have no idea why it wont work on your system?

It's not a cacheing issue with your browser is it?

Comment

Sorry, I haven't been paying close attention to your issue misraels.

I'm curious to know if your Program devices have some how been set to "Status Only."

"Status Only" devices will not show buttons on the Device Management Page even if buttons show up on the Status Graphic tab of the Modify Device page.

Look at the Configuration Tab of the Modify Device page. If "Status Only Device" is ticked that is the source of the problem.

As to how to fix it I don't know, since on my system I'm unable to change that setting for Open Sprinkler devices.

Comment

I don't know...it's kinda odd.

I deleted the devices and and used Let's Go to recreate them. It creates them without buttons, but if you look at the devices they seem to have the right settings...and Status Only is not set.

If it's only me, it's not a big deal...I have a work around for what I am wishing to do.

Of note, the Rain Delay also has no buttons.
                            Attached Files

Comment

So, did a little test to see if I could replicate misraels issue.

I have a station that is unsued. I deleted the station in HS and click "Let's Go".

It seems that there is an issue with device creation.

Here's the log:
                              Code:
                              Apr-23 7:58:09 AM	OS-Debug	Water% Device (re)built with no errors
                              Apr-23 7:58:08 AM	OS-Debug	DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Water%
                              Apr-23 7:58:08 AM	OS-Debug	History Device (re)built with no errors
                              Apr-23 7:58:08 AM	OS-Debug	DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-History
                              Apr-23 7:58:08 AM	OS-Debug	Status Device (re)built with no errors
                              Apr-23 7:58:07 AM	OS-Debug	DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Status
                              Apr-23 7:58:07 AM	OS-Debug	Rain Delay Device (re)built with no errors
                              Apr-23 7:58:07 AM	OS-Debug	DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Delay
                              Apr-23 7:58:07 AM	OS-Plugin	Error: Failed creating Program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
                              Apr-23 7:58:07 AM	OS-Plugin	Error: Failed creating Zone devices - Conversion from string "StationNames: Error parsing name" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
                              Apr-23 7:58:06 AM	OS-Debug	DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station10
                              Apr-23 7:58:05 AM	OS-Debug	DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station9
                              Apr-23 7:58:05 AM	OS-Debug	DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station8
                              Apr-23 7:58:04 AM	OS-Debug	DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station7
                              Apr-23 7:58:04 AM	OS-Debug	DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station6
                              Apr-23 7:58:03 AM	OS-Debug	DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station5
                              Apr-23 7:58:03 AM	OS-Debug	DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station4
                              Apr-23 7:58:02 AM	OS-Debug	DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station3
                              Apr-23 7:58:02 AM	OS-Debug	DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station2
                              Apr-23 7:58:01 AM	OS-Debug	DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station1
                              Apr-23 7:58:01 AM	OS-Debug	BuildDevices: Root device created
                              Apr-23 7:58:00 AM	OS-Debug	DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Root
                              Apr-23 7:58:00 AM	OS-Debug	Rebuilding Devices
                              One note, I have 24 stations/zones. The station/zone I delete from HS is #24.

The names for stations 10 & 11 are "Back Right" & "Driveway", respectively.

Comment

So, did a little test to see if I could replicate misraels issue.
                                That is interesting, here is my log from my last test, and it shows no errors, but still didn't create the devices right:

Code:
                                 Apr-22 4:59:06 PM         OpenSprinkler    All zones are off   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    Water% Device (re)built with no errors   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Water%   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    Rain Sensor Device (re)built with no errors   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Rain   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    History Device (re)built with no errors   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-History   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    Status Device (re)built with no errors   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Status   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    Rain Delay Device (re)built with no errors   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Delay   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    Program Devices (re)built with no errors   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Program3   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Program2   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Program1   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    Zone Devices (re)built with no errors   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station8   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station7   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station6   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station5   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station4   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station3   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station2   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station1   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    BuildDevices: Root device created   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Root   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:01 PM         OS-Debug    Rebuilding Devices   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:00 PM         OS-Debug    Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 1 consecutive cycles   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:00 PM         OS-Debug    Password MD5: a6d82bced638de3def1e9bbb4983225c   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:00 PM         OS-Debug    Password Plaintext: opendoor   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:00 PM         OS-Debug    Firmware version is 213. Plugin valid for 210 to 213+   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:00 PM         OS-Debug    Success! INI File read   
                                 Apr-22 4:59:00 PM         OS-Debug    Device Rebuild Requested
                                I suppose it could be a HS bug since it looks like the buttons are defined and just don't show up, but wanted to see if anyone else was getting this thinking that perhaps a flag was set wrong on the device creation somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X