New OpenSprinkler Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

misrails,

I saw in your signature all the plug-ins you run. I also run BLStat.

I disabled OpenSprinkler and BLStat. Then enabled OpenSprinkler and all my OS devices were recreated with no errors.

I deleted the one station again, enabled BLStat and ran Let's Go. I got the same errors as in the log above except this time they occurred after creating the third station.

Disabled BLStat again. Tried to go to the OpenSprinkler config web page, but it never loaded. Looked at my HS3 machine and got a Windows Message that HSPI-OpenSprinkler.exe had closed unexpectedly.

Once I closed the message box, the OS plugin restarted and successfully recreated all the devices including the one I deleted.

Weird.

You may try to disable BLStat & OpenSprinkler, then enable OpenSprinkler. The plug-in should then recreate all the devices.

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
      misrails,

You may try to disable BLStat & OpenSprinkler, then enable OpenSprinkler. The plug-in should then recreate all the devices.
      Thanks for thinking of me on this yet.

I tried disabling both blstat and opensprinkler, then deleted the devices, then started opensprinkler. it created the devices, but did not fix the problem, still no buttons.

I have noticed the following error in my log that pops up about 10 times and only during the time that opensprinkler is creating the devices:

Code:
      [COLOR=#d58000]Apr-24 4:08:06 PM [/COLOR][COLOR=#d58000]  [/COLOR][COLOR=#d58000]HSTouch Server Warning [/COLOR][COLOR=#d58000]Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. [/COLOR]
      I will play with disabling hstouch or something and see if I get any different results.
      HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

I just setup my OpenSprinkler and installed the plugin and have a similar situation.

I receive the following errors during startup.

5/7/2015 3:27:11 PM ~!~OS-Plugin~!~Warning: Firmware detected is 214. Plugin has only been tested up to 213 - be wary of errors.
        5/7/2015 3:27:12 PM ~!~OS-Plugin~!~Error: Failed creating Zone devices - Conversion from string "StationNames: Error parsing name" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
        5/7/2015 3:27:12 PM ~!~OS-Plugin~!~Success! OpenSprinkler Plugin Initialised
        5/7/2015 3:27:12 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in OpenSprinkler

And the only devices that get created are shown in the attachment.

I'm running version 3.0.0.171 of HomeseerPro and version 1.2.0.10 of the OpenSprinkler plugin. Just to also note I have the base OpenSprinkler Controller and a 16 zone expander for a total of 24 zones.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is part of my LOG file

May-07 16:14:42 OS-Debug Water% Device (re)built with no errors
          May-07 16:14:42 OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Water%
          May-07 16:14:42 OS-Debug History Device (re)built with no errors
          May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-History
          May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug Status Device (re)built with no errors
          May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Status
          May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug Rain Delay Device (re)built with no errors
          May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Delay
          May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug Program Devices (re)built with no errors
          May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Program1
          May-07 16:14:41 OS-Plugin Error: Failed creating Zone devices - Conversion from string "StationNames: Error parsing name" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
          May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station1
          May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug BuildDevices: Root device created
          May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Root
          May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug Rebuilding Devices
          May-07 16:14:40 OS-Debug Password MD5: xxxxxxxxxxxx
          May-07 16:14:40 OS-Debug Password Plaintext: xxxxxxxxxx
          May-07 16:14:40 OS-Plugin Warning: Firmware detected is 214. Plugin has only been tested up to 213 - be wary of errors.
          May-07 16:14:40 OS-Debug Success! INI File read
          May-07 16:14:40 OS-Debug Device Rebuild Requested

May i also suggest that the OpenSprinkler password not be written to any logs in Plaintext.

Comment

If you updated your OS FW to 2.1.4 prior to May 5, then your issue may be the OS FW.

On the OS forum there was an issue with the firmware that was resolved just two days ago. OS Forum The issue involved the OS unit not sending complete data in response to the /jn command. I believe that Matt uses the /jn command to get all the device data needed to build the HS devices.

If you updated to OS FW 2.1.4 prior to May 5, you may want to do it again.

I'm still on 2.1.3 because I didn't need any of the changes that were made.

Originally posted by jpape View Post
            Here is part of my LOG file

May-07 16:14:42 OS-Debug Water% Device (re)built with no errors
            May-07 16:14:42 OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Water%
            May-07 16:14:42 OS-Debug History Device (re)built with no errors
            May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-History
            May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug Status Device (re)built with no errors
            May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Status
            May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug Rain Delay Device (re)built with no errors
            May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Delay
            May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug Program Devices (re)built with no errors
            May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Program1
            May-07 16:14:41 OS-Plugin Error: Failed creating Zone devices - Conversion from string "StationNames: Error parsing name" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
            May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Station1
            May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug BuildDevices: Root device created
            May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Root
            May-07 16:14:41 OS-Debug Rebuilding Devices
            May-07 16:14:40 OS-Debug Password MD5: xxxxxxxxxxxx
            May-07 16:14:40 OS-Debug Password Plaintext: xxxxxxxxxx
            May-07 16:14:40 OS-Plugin Warning: Firmware detected is 214. Plugin has only been tested up to 213 - be wary of errors.
            May-07 16:14:40 OS-Debug Success! INI File read
            May-07 16:14:40 OS-Debug Device Rebuild Requested

May i also suggest that the OpenSprinkler password not be written to any logs in Plaintext.

Comment

So i did a few things, I downgraded to FW 2.13 and then upgraded back to 2.14. Things are somewhat better but not perfect. I still get the following error.

May-07 21:21:59 OS-Plugin Error: Failed creating Zone devices - Conversion from string "StationNames: Error parsing name" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

What i think is happening here is I have renamed my sprinkler zones to "Zone 2", "Zone 3"... on my OpenSprinkler device but the plugin is still building the devices with the S01, s02... names. I don;t think the plugin knows how to import the changed zone names. I also have one program defined and while the Homeseer device gets built, there are no buttons to control the program. Another issue is the plugin is not properly naming the S01 zone. You will see from the attachment below that the zone has all dashes in it for the device name.
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks like Matt will have to look at what changed in the OS API in v2.1.4 and make adjustments to the plugin. I know that his work schedule used to prevent him from checking the board for sometimes weeks-at-a-time.

Brady

Comment

Is the source open for this plugin? I might check out the code.

Comment

jpape - can you please follow the instructions in this link - send me the info and I'll check if there is something not compatible. Every new firmware they seem to break something. You either have a character which is causing an error or more likely that they've modified the /jn return format in version 214. Please also send me a current copy of your log entries when you hit "let's go" in debug mode (I will remove the plaintext password).

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=149

Techfan, it's partially open source. If you want to see it send me a pm and I'll send you the source. I'd like to keep the master copy though so if you make any enhancements please send back.

Comment

Comment

Hi jpape,

Fixed! So in short, yes it was Firmware 214 that broke it. They re-ordered the parameters in the "jn" string and so my method to extract station names was failing on the first station (hence the "_____") and all subsequent stations weren't getting named.

Also:
                        Hooray! I finally worked out why program buttons have been missing for some people. I've now fixed this. For anyone interested in what the problem was, under the device's advanced tab is a line called "MISC SETTINGS" and this needed to say "SHOW VALUES". I think I had this set in an older version so if your devices were old enough they were fine as this part wasn't getting re-built but for any new devices it wasn't getting set in the first place.

And finally I deleted the plaintext password from the debug log.

Please test this new version for me (attached) and feedback. Try to test it out good to see if anything else has broken with the new firmware. If there are no more issues I will get this one into the official updater.

Edit: Looks like Firmware 214 has a few extra options however they haven't released the API documentation yet so I'm working blind. For now I'm saying that Firmware 213 is fully tested and FW214 is 'should work but use at your own risk' (hence the warning in the logs). I'm still happy to fix any known issues if you present them to me in the same format as above (logs + html outputs).

Cheers.
                        Matt.
                        Last edited by Mattyjee; May 9, 2015, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Hi Matt,

I installed the new version this morning and all of the devices were created correctly and no errors so far. I will run it thru its paces and see if anything does not work.

Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Judd

Comment

Thank you Matt,
                            installed the new version and it created buttons for the Programs for the first time on my install. Looks good so far.

One note, I don't see any buttons for Rain Delay...but also not sure if there are supposed to be any for that.

Thanks for the plugin, I used a script that I wrote last year, and it worked well, but I had to re-write it for the new interface and yours is polished a lot nicer.

Thanks for the great plug-in.
                            HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

New beta working well here on OS FW 2.1.3

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post
                                One note, I don't see any buttons for Rain Delay...but also not sure if there are supposed to be any for that.
                                Yep - just noticed on Judd's screenshot that buttons were also missing for rain delay, current status and watering %.

All the same issue - and all fixed. I will put this version in the official updater but for those who don't want to wait it is attached.

Cheers.
                                Matt.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Mattyjee; May 9, 2015, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X