HS restart process - need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS restart process - need help

In searching the forums there are thousands of threads on this subject, but what I am trying to do is this:

• Set up HS to start automatically on reboot - Added HS3 to the startup folder in Windows
    • Have HS notify me that it has started successfully - Triggered an event from Startup.vb
    • Restart HS on Mon, Wed and Fri - I have created a recurring event to do this using Jon00HSRestart and email me when the restart begins
    • Restart my PC once a week on Saturday morning - Not sure how to do this one

Anyone know how to create an event that will reboot the machine?

I use the Restart plugin from Jeff Farmer, it is free in the updater. easily lets me restart HS3 or stop HS3 and restart the computer.
    HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

thinking about your process, surprised you want to restart that often...is everyone doing that?

My HS3 uptime is 33 days, and the PC is more like 60. Perhaps i am just lucky with a stable HS3 system?
      HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

No, I do not really think I need to restart that often, but that puts me on a nice rhythm with the system. With HS2 I literally restarted about every 3-4 months and it was rock solid. With this version after a week or so I start getting lag in some of my interfaces that a restart helps with. Until HS3 gets out of beta I think this will help me restore some of the WAF that I have lost since upgrading.

Comment

To reboot your PC, there is a brutal scripting command which you can use:

hs.RestartSystem

Just use it via an immediate script command in an event.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post
            thinking about your process, surprised you want to restart that often...is everyone doing that?

My HS3 uptime is 33 days, and the PC is more like 60. Perhaps i am just lucky with a stable HS3 system?
            I'm not. My HS3 has been rock solid for 4 months, with one exception: I had an event set to trigger on the first Saturday of every month at 9:00am that I added in June. My HS would crash EVERY morning at 9:00am. Turns out there is a bug in that trigger. Bugzilla filed, but the bug has yet to be addressed. See this thread. Bugzilla 1986 - one would think this would be a critical bug to fix

Other than that one confirmed HomeSeer "gotcha" my system hasn't had a problem. Windows 7 on a Supermicro Server with automatic updates disabled is stable as can be. I have one machine that has not had to restart due to problems since it was built in 2011.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Chewie, for auto-scheduled PC reboots I wanted to be outside of HS, so I've been using PC Autoshutdown for several years, http://goldsolution-software-inc2.so....informer.com/, I've been pleased with it for $20 and it has some useful additional features like user warnings, hot keys, sounds, basic system cleaning, etc.
              All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
                Anyone know how to create an event that will reboot the machine?
                I use Blade's BLShutdown. One of the selectable event actions is to shutdown HS and restart the computer.
                Regards,
                Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Originally posted by mmn View Post
                  I use Blade's BLShutdown. One of the selectable event actions is to shutdown HS and restart the computer.
                  I can't seem to find this plug-in. Where can I find it? Thanks.
                  "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                  "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
                    I can't seem to find this plug-in. Where can I find it? Thanks.
                    If you are running HS3, it is under utilities under Additional Interfaces.

It is in Blades forum under this thread.
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

or you could put this windows command in a script shutdown /r /t 00 to reboot your machine.

Comment

Originally posted by redthebartender View Post
                        or you could put this windows command in a script shutdown /r /t 00 to reboot your machine.
                        I don't know if it got fixed or not but it used to be if you shut down windows without first shutting down hs, hs would not shut down correctly and you would get errors on start up.
                        Regards,
                        Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

@Chris,

Personally here have never scheduled reboots with Homeseer as it just ran fine for months at a time.

That said having to do a reboot can mask some issues relating to plugins or scripts or ....

The above noted; scheduled rebooting of HS does work; but should not be a requirement to run Homeseer.

One issue that is nagging me is the sometimes inability to shutdown Homeseer without having to kill the process of the Homeseer application.
                          Last edited by Pete; August 8, 2014, 09:12 AM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                            If you are running HS3, it is under utilities under Additional Interfaces.

It is in Blades forum under this thread.
                            Ah! Therein lies the rub. I am running HS2 presently.
                            "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                            "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
                            X