Disabling events - Works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disabling events - Works!

Is there a way for an event to disable itself after it has run. I see an option to remove event after it has ran but I just want to disable it. Also is there a way to create an event that when triggered will enable or disable another event. I'm using HS3

You can add a one line script command to your event to disable it
    ie: &hs.DisableEvent "name of event"
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I created an event that is manually triggered. Checked "execute immediate script command" and put "&hs.DisableEvent "Morning" . When I manually trigger the event the log says the event was triggered and the script was run but it doesn't disable the morning event. Any ideas.

Comment

It doesn't work for me either.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Does it work if you do not manually trigger? ie using a different trigger?

Comment

I created an event that would trigger the disabling event but that doesn't work either.

Comment

Sounds like it's time for a bugzilla ticket.

Comment

It's probably bug #1949 which I uncovered while tring to use BLRussound.

Comment

Hello,

You can use a script

Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)
                  hs.DisableEvent("test arduino pir met relais")
                  End Sub

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by ESSCHENK View Post
                    Hello,

You can use a script

End Sub

Ed

Sure. But that doesn't change the fact that the run script command function is broken. Using scripts, you'd need dozens of tiny little ones for all kinds of mundane things.

Here's the bug report if anyone would like to add their weight to it. Maybe then it will get some attention.

http://homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1949

Comment

Originally posted by ESSCHENK View Post
                      Hello,

You can use a script

End Sub

Ed
                      Made a script and changed the name to one of my events but that didn't work either. The log shows the script ran but it doesn't disable the event

Comment

I just tested an event to disable another event and it worked just fine. The Event name is case sensitive in case you are keying this end and not cutting and pasting.

Comment

Not sure why but I have to refresh the page for it to show up as disabled. I'm assuming that even thought it doesn't show as disable on the web interface until i refresh it's still disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                            Not sure why but I have to refresh the page for it to show up as disabled. I'm assuming that even thought it doesn't show as disable on the web interface until i refresh it's still disabled.
                            Yes, it's disabled. I tried running the event to verify.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                              I just tested an event to disable another event and it worked just fine. The Event name is case sensitive in case you are keying this end and not cutting and pasting.

How exactly did you go about this? With the script command you mentioned earlier?

EDIT:

I just tried it again (the script command) and it works.

I must have done something wrong the first time around...
                              Woops.

Comment

Working...
                              X