Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 interfacing with HAI

Hi Folks,

It's been a VERY loooong time since I've been part of this community. All I can say is that Rupp and Tink saved me many, many times - something I still much appreciate!

I have the original HomeSeer 1.7 and long ago I ran this in parallel with a JDS StarGate hardware board. I used the SG1 for all the "mission critical" things like A/D sensors, events, etc., and used HomeSeer for the "icing" stuff like voice-recognition, e-mail interface, web-based data capture, etc. Anyway, as you can see, this was a long time ago.

I currently have an extensive HAI OmniPro2 setup, and would like to reintroduce HomeSeer into my HA system, specifically this time to trigger playback of a library of custom voice files in .mp3/.wav format via the whole-house audio (i..e, via the HAI HiFi2 paging input).

I'm thinking of putting one of the Intel NUC micro-systems loaded with HS3 and my library of audio files into my structured wiring panel, and I'd like to have the audio out of the .mp3/.wav files feed into the paging input when triggered by certain events/flags.

My questions are thus:

1) Is it possible to interface the HS3 with the HAI system via serial connection (as I used to do with the HS1/SG) and have the HS3 system simply read variables, flags, device status, etc. directly from the HAI panel? If so, is this relatively simple?

2) If not, is it possible to have the HS3 "listen" to the z-wave network via a serial z-wave interface? In other words, can I have two z-wave-serial interfaces on the same network?

3) Unrelated, is it possible to upgrade from HS1 to HS3, or am I way too late for that?

Many thanks!
    Jcd

Hi jcd,

There is a 3rd party plugin for HAI here: http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1175. It may do what you need. As to the upgrade, it's likely too late, although I would call HS and ask them what they can do. There are also regular sales on for the software.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Please note that the hs3 hai plugin only supports TCP/UDP not serial.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        Please note that the hs3 hai plugin only supports TCP/UDP not serial.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

IP is even better! I'll check this out - thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X