Please "Beta Test" Our New Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please "Beta Test" Our New Website

Hey Gang - go ahead and break it! Please post any problems. We're just rolling it out starting today.

Thank you!

http://www.homeseer.com

PS: you may need to clear your browser cache, if it still looks like the old site.
    PPS: suggestions are welcome too.

Note some URL's have changed:

Bugzilla is now at:

bugzilla.homeseer.com

FTP has changed and is now at:

ftp.homeseer.com
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Looking good and much more up to date, the developer support page could do with a little updating, it talks about ActiveX, COM and other outdated stuff that was for HS2...no link to the forum though?

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      Hey Gang - go ahead and break it! Please post any problems. We're just rolling it out starting today.

Thank you!

http://www.homeseer.com

PS: you may need to clear your browser cache, if it still looks like the old site.
      PPS: suggestions are welcome too.
      I broke it!

The main Homeseer download is not working so you cant get the software from the new site. Click on Downloads then HS3 / HS3PRO full installer for Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP the page is not found.

Can I also suggest having the version number available for download there to.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Nice work guys!

I would add a link to the forum in the main menu, there is a ton of information here.

I would also add some information about the plugins. One of the greatest strength of homeseer is the vast number of available plugins

Comment

Nice updated look!

But your lacking a forum link ...
          -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            Nice work guys!

I would add a link to the forum in the main menu, there is a ton of information here.

I would also add some information about the plugins. One of the greatest strength of homeseer is the vast number of available plugins
            Yes absolutely if possible I would take a direct lift from the updater to show what plugins are available, naturally I know it is in HS's interest to show the ones they earn commission on but showing free plugins could also entice users.

Comment

Nice work guys!

+1 for the forum link and one to Bugzilla to.

I also would like to see a plugin list with new plugins listed at the top or even emailed to people so they know what is out there. I would also like to see this in the updater as it can take a long time to look through all the plugins to find out what is new.

Greig.
              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Good feedback so far... thanks... Rich will be updating the developers page; that is a know issue. I'll look into the downloads link and yes, adding bugzilla and forums links in a more prominent location sounds good.

Comment

Looks great! A friend asked why such a modern platform had a site from the 2000's the other day this is much better!

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                    Looks great! A friend asked why such a modern platform had a site from the 2000's the other day this is much better!
                    Yup, long overdue. If you try it on a mobile device, it should look a lot better there too.

Comment

maybe it just me but I find the dropdown menu a bit confusing. I didn't realize you could click on the menu header, for example I was looking for a link to the forum and couldn't find it in the support dropdown. It turns out you have to actually click the support menu header to go to the main support page where the forum link is.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                        You haven't looked at HSTouch I guess; it's quite the 2000's. LOL, just kidding..kind of. I couldn't resist.

The new site is a great improvement from my phone browser at least. It's nice to see there is mobile device formatting.

Comment

maybe it just me but I find the dropdown menu a bit confusing. I didn't realize you could click on the menu header, for example I was looking for a link to the forum and couldn't find it in the support dropdown. It turns out you have to actually click the support menu header to go to the main support page where the forum link is.
                          I agree I did not realise this as I was looking for the link to the store and thought it was not there but there was one to store policies.

Greig.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Software Product Store Submission Is Broken

I am unable to post a plug-in using http://www.homeseer.com/mdc/software...submission.htm

I get a 404 error:

http://www.homeseer.com/cgi-bin/soup...-soupermail.pl

Regards,
                            Ultrajones
                            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

OK, we'll address that for sure.

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                              I am unable to post a plug-in using http://www.homeseer.com/mdc/software...submission.htm

I get a 404 error:

http://www.homeseer.com/cgi-bin/soup...-soupermail.pl

Regards,
                              Ultrajones
                              That particular form will take a bit of work to get fixed as it uses a different form handler than the rest of the site. However, I should be able to get to it this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X