Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3/BLRF/WG800USB X-10 Not "Heard"

Attached Files

Shouldn't the W800 have the COM port set to the correct portnot MSCommLib?
    Don

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Don! I changed the dropdown to "SerialPort" but still nothing. I then tried unplugging the W800 and plugging it back in again. Now life is good again, and X-10 RF signals are being heard, whether set on MSCommLib or SerialPort. Guess it just needed a hardware reset!

Comment

I have run into issues similar where the W800 seems to have up to a 10 second lag using BLRF that was not there in ACRF-2 on HS2. I will try resetting it and see if that helps, but my motion sensor activated events have been unusable since moving to HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
          I have run into issues similar where the W800 seems to have up to a 10 second lag using BLRF that was not there in ACRF-2 on HS2. I will try resetting it and see if that helps, but my motion sensor activated events have been unusable since moving to HS3.
          Have your issues been resolved?

Comment

No, my RF systems for my W800 are totally hit or miss and I have more or less given up on them. If I restart the system pretty regularly it will work, but I honestly have not spent a tremendous amount of time troubleshooting it. For the most part the events associated with this are not the most important in my house so when the wife got annoyed we just assumed they would not work and moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
              No, my RF systems for my W800 are totally hit or miss and I have more or less given up on them. If I restart the system pretty regularly it will work, but I honestly have not spent a tremendous amount of time troubleshooting it. For the most part the events associated with this are not the most important in my house so when the wife got annoyed we just assumed they would not work and moved on.
              Has anyone reported the issue to Blade? I'm sure with some debug logs he can fix it if it's related to an issue in the plugin. Given this thread is in the General Discussion area, rather than in the forum for his plugin, he may not have seen this.

As an FYI, I'm using the W800 with the RFXCom plugin as I already had it, and I see no lag at all with it. Also what version of HS3 are you running? There have been some bug fixes related to event performance and it might be worth trying .149.

Cheers
              Al
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yeah, I chatted with him on this a bit and he said the same thing, like I said I have not spent much time troubleshooting this, so it is mainly on me.

Comment

Working...
                X