Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Aquos TV IP Control

Hello,

I'm looking into adding some basic control for my Sharp Aquos TV. This TV has provisions for basic commands via IP in a clear text raw TCP session.

Surprisingly, the commands are pretty well documented in the user manual. I setup the TV tonight and I can connect to it with a terminal program and issue the commands I want, and the TV responds as i want it to.

Now i'm just curious what is the easiest way to have HS3 make a connection and issue these commands.

I checked out drule's ip/serial connector here http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...17#post1132517 and it looks like that might be a good solution, but i'm not sure.

There is a 3 minute timeout on the connection so it would either need a keep alive or some provision to initiate the session, send command and then close session.

Is anyone doing something similar and have any advice?

Thanks!

Easiest way probably is that plugin but there are scripts out there that will do similar, getting two way TCP returns I found painful to do and that is where the plugin might come in better. If you search the board for SocketSendText.vb you will find a script example of sending TCP commands and that is a script I have used a good number of times.

Comment

Hi,

Did you ever manage to control the TV via Homeseer?

Comment

Any progress on this?

Comment

Has anyone given drule's plugin a go for this?

Post directly on the discussion thread if you need help
          cheeryfool

Comment

Sharp TV script

Code:
            Imports System.Net

Dim myStream As System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream
                Dim clientSocket As System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient

Public Sub Main(param As Object)
                    clientSocket = New System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient
                    clientSocket.Connect("192.168.1.69", 10002) 'change to your TV IP

myStream = clientSocket.GetStream()
                    Dim outStream
                    outStream = System.Text.Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes("POWR0001" + vbCrLf)
                    myStream.Write(outStream, 0, outStream.Length)
                    myStream.Flush()

clientSocket.Close()
                End Sub

Comment

I have just tested Jim Bowie's script with various commands and it works perfectly.

Thanks Jim!

Comment

Sharp TV working

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                Has anyone given drule's plugin a go for this?

Post directly on the discussion thread if you need help
                I downloaded drule's plug-in today and it took a bit of reading and researching but I managed to get it working thru the plug in. I have posted the successful method here

Comment

Has anyone tried this with a Samsung TV?... more specifically a UN55JS8500FXZA? While I can control mine with a WIFI2IR and Global Cache PRO, it's one way and I have no idea if the TV is actually on. It would be nice to get some status...

Robert
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                    Has anyone tried this with a Samsung TV?... more specifically a UN55JS8500FXZA? While I can control mine with a WIFI2IR and Global Cache PRO, it's one way and I have no idea if the TV is actually on. It would be nice to get some status...

Robert
                    Why do you need to know if the TV is on? If it's to know to turn in on or off, there are discrete codes for on and off so if you send an on and it's on it will ignore the signal. Same for off.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Well my dumb cable box remote has been programmed to turn off the cable box and the TV. Just that there is a pause in the emitters between turning off the cable box, then the TV like seconds later. So if you quickly turn off the cable box and the throw the remote on the table, often the TV never gets turned off (because you didn't hold the stupid thing pointing to the TV long enough).

Robert
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

If the TV has a USB port, you can use a voltage detector on it. The GC100's can use the one on this page: http://www.globalcache.com/products/other/. I'm not sure if the GC unit you have supports that. Also, what kind of remote is it? You may be able to reprogram it to behave differently (discrete codes, etc.). I found with the Motorola/Arris cable boxes from Shaw the power draw with them on and off were the same, so I stopped turning them off. They also do not support discrete codes so they would always get out of sync, so leaving them on solved that problem.

Cheers
                        Al
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by Vodden View Post
                          I downloaded drule's plug-in today and it took a bit of reading and researching but I managed to get it working thru the plug in. I have posted the successful method here
                          Hey Vodden - just wanted to say thanks for this. I am a very grateful beneficiary of all your work. Really appreciate you posting it.

Comment

Originally posted by grahamk View Post
                            Hey Vodden - just wanted to say thanks for this. I am a very grateful beneficiary of all your work. Really appreciate you posting it.

No problem! There are very few stones unturned on this forum, so when there's somewhere I can make a contribution, I don't hesitate to pitch in!

Comment

Working...
                            X