Interesting RF issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting RF issue

I have a W800 that is connected to an IP based serial server. I have had it for several years and it has been great. Since I moved to HS3 I have been having issues with it and have not been able to get any reliability out of my X10 RF devices. Issues have included long delays between a motion sensor activating and the devices turning on or the RF signals simply not being picked up at all.

For a while I wondered if this was some kind of communications issue between BLRF and BLRadar and I have been to busy to collect logs and such for Blade (Who is VERY responsive and helpful when issues crop up), but this evening on a whim I power cycled (Unplugged and replugged) the W800 and now it all seems to be working.

Do any of you guys have to power cycle these devices to get reliability out of them? Or does this sound more like an issue where my W800 is going out?

Interesting. Similar issues of latency seen in Zwave etc. If you reboot HS3 it seems to get better for a while and then eventually start slowing down and for some people HS3 eventually crashes.

I have been saying its a software issue. Others say it was my SSD drive or operating system. But replaced both and still see most of the same issues (maybe all just haven't had time to rebuild the whole setup yet).

Maybe this will give HS a clue where to look.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
      Do any of you guys have to power cycle these devices to get reliability out of them? Or does this sound more like an issue where my W800 is going out?
      I've seen the occasional issue where my W800 becomes completely unresponsive and a power-cycle fixes it. I haven't seen where it becomes "slow". I use RFXCom, but saw it under HS2 as well with ACRF. It only happens maybe once or twice a year.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Have you tried connecting the W800 directly to your server (if possible) to see if it corrects the issue? This way you can rule out any issues that could be caused by the serial server.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, I have not tried moving it directly onto the server, mainly because my server is a VM. But in addition to the W800 I also have my Z-troller and alarm panel tied to the same serial server and have seen 0 latency issues with those. I have also been using the serial server (Quatech) the entire time and it seems that my issues with the W800 started at the exact moment that I upgraded to HS3.

Comment

Working...
          X