WiFi Thermostats With NO Cloud Requirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiFi Thermostats With NO Cloud Requirement

I'm looking for a new thermostat and I was wondering if any of the WiFi ones are any good and do any work without requiring a connection to the cloud.

I'm currently looking at this one, but I'm open to anything:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Honeywell...80WF/203556922

Anything?

Comment

Originally posted by GatorEye View Post
      I'm looking for a new thermostat and I was wondering if any of the WiFi ones are any good and do any work without requiring a connection to the cloud.

I'm currently looking at this one, but I'm open to anything:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Honeywell...80WF/203556922
      The plugin BeakerStat has an option to turn off the cloud connection on the thermostat.

FWIW
      Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
        The plugin BeakerStat has an option to turn off the cloud connection on the thermostat.

FWIW
        So does that mean that it somehow actually PREVENTS the stat from sending any data out to the cloud (which is what I really want) or that it just gathers data from the stat itself so that if I were to ping it, I could get the data from the plugin vs. going out to the cloud?

I'm writing my own interface so I don't necessarily want to rely on HS running to get the data from the stat - I just want to hit it directly and prevent any data from leaving the house completely independent of HS.

Comment

The option in BeakerStat to disable cloud communication actually prevents the thermostat from contacting the cloud service. The plugin can gather info from the thermostat(s) but you can still query them manually if you want.
          HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
          Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
          Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
          Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I have Ecobee (and love it). It is WiFi that communicates over the cloud. Via the cloud, I can see all stats of my system, including temps, fan run time, heat/AC calls by 5 min intervals back through history. It produces really nice graphs, and I can se how this regresses with inside and outside temp, humidity etc. Really cool. But yes, it works just fine when disconnected from the cloud or WiFi. I do all the programming on the unit itself, and then have the option to manage or update programming via phone or cloud, as an option. I'd like to upgrade to their new Ecobee 3, but am hoping that Homeseer develops a plugin.

Comment

Working...
            X