Mac/mono question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac/mono question

I'm thinking of taking advantage of the 50% off sale going on right now but have a house full of Apple gear (currently run Indigo). Given that HS now runs in Linux, does this also mean it will run in OS X on Mono just as it would in Linux? My environment is Insteon, Sonos, and custom devices (Arduino, rPi, CAI, etc.). Will the plugins for Insteon and Sonos work correctly in a non-Windows environment?

What about the designer? Any MS Windows requirements there?

I don't really want to add a layer of complexity by installing in a virtualized environment on the Mac and don't want a native Windows machine as it would be the only one in the house. I could install on a native Linux box but I'm hoping Mono/Linux = Mono/Mac

Lastly, I have 5 iPad gen1 tablets perm. mounted to the walls. I'm assuming HSTouch will still work correctly with IOS 5.2 which is the highest version for the 1st gen iPads. My phone is an iPhone 6+, does HSTouch scale correctly to that screen size?

Thanks in advance,
    Terry

FYI, I see from the download page there is a specific section for Mac installs so I'm reading through that. Sadly I also see that the Insteon plugin is 3rd party and doesn't seem to support Linux/Mac yet. I'll post Insteon-specific questions over there. Those running on a Mac please chime in with your experiences though.

Terry

Comment

Working...
    X