Honeywell Alarm System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeywell Alarm System?

I recently moved into my new house and there is an existing Honeywell alarm system. I don't see any plugins for Honeywell (that I am aware of), so can I assume this is something I can just go ahead and pull out?

I was planning on installing a DSC Alarm that would be compatible with HS, but wanted to make sure the Honeywell wasn't compatible before I wasted money with a new system.

There are a number of wired motion detectors around the house already - those I assume have a good chance of being re-purposed, correct? I know the wired door contacts can be re-used.

Thanks,
    Jim

Many of these Honeywell's are the Ademco Vista 21ip and there is a plugin for this. Check the fine print on the alarm and see if you can figure out the manufacturer.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Many of these Honeywell's are the Ademco Vista 21ip and there is a plugin for this. Check the fine print on the alarm and see if you can figure out the manufacturer.
      Thanks Rupp - I'll check and see what I can find out.

Comment

Yes you simply wire nutech device into AD bus that runs between alarm system and keypads, connect other side to USB port on your PC and get vista alarm plugin. I have it and it is the most reliable part of my network that consists of zwave, AD/nutech, sonos/wifi and Ethernet (sometime you just can't beat simple hard wired solution).

Comment

Working...
        X