New Keypad not found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Keypad not found

I just installed a new 2487s keypad. The power buttons seem to work fine and I can turn the light on and off. Problem is that HomeSeer cannot find the device. I have tried to enter the address and it is not found on my network. I have tried to use the Set button to put the device in Discovery mode but HomeSeer cannot detect it.

Is there something wrong with my wiring or do I potentially have a defective device? I thought about exchanging the keypad with another that I have in the house but figured that I would post here first.

Thank you

Brian

I ripped the keypad out and reinstalled it. Everything seems to work fine. Let's chalk this up to something funky in my original wiring.

Thank you

Comment

same thing happened to me. posting the response here for consistency.

New 2487s not found

Comment

I have a similar problem: Replaced a 6 year-old Keypadlinc with a new Dual band version. I was able to control the old Keypadlinc just fine from a PLM, but the new KeypadLinc cannot be found by the same PLM.

Going to replace it and see if it works, as I am pretty sure the wiring is fine since it worked with the older KeypadLinc, and I have another SwitchLinc below the KeypadLinc which is also working fine.

Comment

Originally posted by eklee View Post
          I have a similar problem: Replaced a 6 year-old Keypadlinc with a new Dual band version. I was able to control the old Keypadlinc just fine from a PLM, but the new KeypadLinc cannot be found by the same PLM.

Going to replace it and see if it works, as I am pretty sure the wiring is fine since it worked with the older KeypadLinc, and I have another SwitchLinc below the KeypadLinc which is also working fine.
          Which plugin are you using? The HS plugin or the Mark Sandler plugin?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X