Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can this Roomba WiFi unit on Kickstarter work on homeseer??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's odd.

I am investigating the issue, but my own thinking cleaner is not working anymore at all.

So I first need to fix this and come back to you.
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks, in doing more testing I find if the battery goes low ( like it gets stuck) when its charged and the thinking cleaner reumes its connection ( flashing green led) it wont re connect till it disable the plugin then re enable it.
      detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

I already have a Roomba 880 integrated with HomeSeer using the RooWifi chip http://www.roowifi.com/

I use linux but as you can see its very easy to get it to clean simply by getting a URL:

curl "http://192.168.0.55/roomba.cgi?button=CLEAN"
        Attached Files

Comment

I had the roowifi but it kept locking up , i think the power supply ID was underrated, kept having to take out the battery in roomba to reset it. I know the thinking cleaner dosnt have that issue, the issue im having is with the plugin
          detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Was it the RooWifi v1? I have the new RooWifi v2 and have not ever had to reset it in over 3 months. It's very reliable, although it will reset to factory defaults if it can't connect to your WiFi network for too long.

This isn't an issue though if you have good WiFi coverage and backup power.

Also if your using scripts on Linux to access bash, check out my latest discovery using speak.sh to get immediate access to bash.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165787

Comment

no, mine was a v1

Comment

any fixes for this ??

rigth now as a work around im using jon00's plugin scripts to disable then reenable the plugin every 15 mins. not the best fix but it seems to work

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
                  any fixes for this ??

rigth now as a work around im using jon00's plugin scripts to disable then reenable the plugin every 15 mins. not the best fix but it seems to work
                  I had some issues too, but since I'm on the latest firmware (1.0.87-310C-EU) I have no issue anymore (it now runs more than a week without any disruption)

Because I cannot recreate your issue, its difficult to troubleshoot.
                  Regards,

Rien du Pre
                  The Netherlands
                  Using:
                  Plugin's:
                  RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I had the roowifi but it kept locking up , i think the power supply ID was underrated, kept having to take out the battery in roomba to reset it. I know the thinking cleaner dosnt have that issue, the issue im having is with the plugin
                    I have one of these, and it gets extremely hot. You are right about it needing a power supply/regulator upgrade. Somewhere way down on my projects list, I have an entry for modifying it, either by component change, heatsink addition, or both. I just have way too many projects, ideas, and not enough time, so it sits in a box with a lot of other goodies. Maybe some day I will eventually get to it.

Comment

I had some issues too, but since I'm on the latest firmware (1.0.87-310C-EU) I have no issue anymore
                      how did you get the latest firmware and apply the update?

Comment

how did you get the latest firmware and apply the update?
                        I forwarded your question to the developers of the ThinkingCleaner.
                        Regards,

Rien du Pre
                        The Netherlands
                        Using:
                        Plugin's:
                        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks, got an email from them already. Using jon00's plugin deactivate I deactivate and re enable the plugin every 15 mins, which seems to have put a bandaid on it for now

Comment

I have a similar problem. When I tell Spot (our Roomba) to go "Clean" the plug in stops responding. Actually I have to issues the command twice for it to go.

I had the same problem. My wife would tell me to clean, and I'd stop listening. Perhaps it's contagious. I dunno.

Regardless, disabling and enabling the plug-in reestablishes communication and control.

I have no issues with the web client. It responds promptly and doesn't drop. I also have it monitored and It doesn't drop off the network, so I'm pretty sure it's the plug-in.
                            My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Whew, glad I'm not the only one, yep you described my issues to a T

Comment

Working...
                              X