Temperature sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature sensor

Is there anything available that I could put on a water pipe that monitor the temperature. It doesn't have to be 100% accurate. I would need something that I could be able to creat a log.

You are spoilt for choice, there are numerous ways out there...one wire sensors (DS18B20 types) are a fairly cheap way but as the name implies they need to be wired which can be easier said than sometimes done. You could go analogue with something like the ADIO module or anything else that with a thermistor. I am sure I have seen a ZWave module that accepts inputs from a DS18B20.

Do you want wireless solution, wired, what is your existing hardware, how many pipes etc...

Comment

Wireless would be easier but could very easily run the wires to were I want. Just need to monitor 1 pipe for now but may add more in the future(although unlikely) I currently have Z-wave in my set up so that might be the best route.

Comment

I've seen several platforms out now with API for these stick on sensors hit google up

Comment

Working...
        X