What happened to "Tink"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
    They do not communicate with respect to Z-Wave. I am using scripts and other things to try to link them over ethernet. When a status of something changes in the Zee, it fires that information to the HS2 machine (could be HS3...but I am using HS2 on my server for the moment...have my HS3 license, but things are stable right now...). I removed ALL z-wave stuff from my HS2 and it is acting as if there is no z-wave in it. I moved ALL Z-Wave features and functions to the Zee.

--Dan
    This idea of using a Zee for Z-Wave is very interesting. I have not got a clue how to get it talking with HS2, although having said that in the early days of HS2 I had HS1 on a separate PC monitoring HS2 and if, did I say if, when HS2 crashed HS1 took over.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Other than time and cost of course, is there an overriding reason(s) for not going entirely over to HS3?

The reason I ask is that from where I'm sitting I can't see where the Zee differs (in Z-Wave terms) from using HS3 + Z-Wave plug-in + Aeon USB stick.

I'm running HS3 and Z-Wave on Windows here in the UK and whilst there have been some serious issues in the not too distant past with both HS3 and Z-Wave, things have been very reliable here for a good few months now and my relatively small (45 node) Z-Wave network is functioning exactly as I would expect it to.

When I started with HS3 it was a lot of work getting my head round moving everything from HS2 and in fact many things required a completely different approach but now I'm there I can safely say that I wouldn't go back to HS2 now mainly due to the lack of support going forward.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
        Other than time and cost of course, is there an overriding reason(s) for not going entirely over to HS3?

The reason I ask is that from where I'm sitting I can't see where the Zee differs (in Z-Wave terms) from using HS3 + Z-Wave plug-in + Aeon USB stick.

I'm running HS3 and Z-Wave on Windows here in the UK and whilst there have been some serious issues in the not too distant past with both HS3 and Z-Wave, things have been very reliable here for a good few months now and my relatively small (45 node) Z-Wave network is functioning exactly as I would expect it to.

When I started with HS3 it was a lot of work getting my head round moving everything from HS2 and in fact many things required a completely different approach but now I'm there I can safely say that I wouldn't go back to HS2 now mainly due to the lack of support going forward.

Paul..
        My problem of going over to HS3 is I would loose about 45% of functions provided by scripts and add-ons to HS2. For I that is not an option.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
          My problem of going over to HS3 is I would loose about 45% of functions provided by scripts and add-ons to HS2. For I that is not an option.
          Understood. If the only thing you want to do is add "supported" Z-Wave to your existing system, then I suppose adding it as a separate unit makes sense. May be prudent to wait and see what the A2Z device can do.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
            Understood. If the only thing you want to do is add "supported" Z-Wave to your existing system, then I suppose adding it as a separate unit makes sense. May be prudent to wait and see what the A2Z device can do.

Paul..
            Thank you for your suggestion of an A2Z, never heard of it before. I will look into it.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X